Honored Contributor

Re: So, should we just all lie?

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

Sounds like the cat is already out of the bag but sure, what's a little white lie among friends.  I think gray is a hard color to work with and find it odd that it is all the rage in decorating right now. 

@KentuckyWoman If I could give you five hearts I would.  We bought a gray house back in the 1990's and I hated it.  It looked cold, and it was difficult to match things up with gray:  Far harder than with a more neutral palet.

Also, a lot of gray and blue gray fabrics tend to fade to an undertone if they are in strong like a south facing window. A lot of gray needs a whiter/bluer white than I like too, and some more blue grays really fight with a lot of furniture tones and wood too. So when we moved in we had to deal with that and finally gave up and painted!  LOL!!

Honored Contributor

So call it gray. What am I missing?

Honored Contributor

I painted a room gray - had a bunch of gray chips on the wall to see which one won the battle.  Had it up for days to see it in different lights during the day. I just knew I didn't want a yellow gray. I went with blue undertones.

Perhaps she doesn't like the color now that the whole room is painted.  

Esteemed Contributor

Truth. She needs to get it. 

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

So call it gray. What am I missing?

Because it gives the OP a chance to ridicule and snark.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Super Contributor

Look what I got in an email today. Perhaps the gray kitchen lady needs to buy these and put them in?  Samsung Tuscan appliances

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Abrowneyegirl  However, gray paint always has either blue or brown in it.  Even green, I believe.  A faint touch of gray can be seen in Benjamin Moore's China White, a most beautiful shade.  If she is a friend, I would be honest and explain why things looks purple but explain it delicately and that the lighting does makes a difference.  Everyone lying is not the answer.

kindness is strength