Honored Contributor

Re: So, should we just all lie?

@MaryLamb  Oh my... The clinical look never had much appeal for me... I don't mind elements of industrial style, but have never seen the value in a 'restaurant style' kitchen... The morgue motif is even more of a disconnect...

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

A long time ago,i"m 69 so I mean a long time,my father told this then teenager "If you ask a question be prepared to hear one of two things...something you want to hear or something you didn;t want to hear" but since you asked be prepared and don't grumble if it doesn't go your way.

Esteemed Contributor

Just smile and tell her it's lovely.  In your head add "if that's what you wanted".  Maybe she thought it would turn out differently and now is stuck with it.  If asked for a color just say it changes with the lighting.  Doesn't sound like she really wants to know your opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

No. Why confuse her?

If she's gotten around to asking how the color appears to others, I'd say she's already reevaluating whether it's the paint, the sheen level, the location, the lighting, or some combination that leads viewers to pick up on the purple tones.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like the cat is already out of the bag but sure, what's a little white lie among friends.  I think gray is a hard color to work with and find it odd that it is all the rage in decorating right now. 

Trusted Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Friends of ours recently redecorated and she painted the kitchen and eat-in area gray.  Unfortunately with the light, the cabinets, etc the gray looks anywhere from light purple to a dusty lilac.  When you put gray accessories with in the room it only makes the wall color MORE purple.

It is not bad if you like that color, however our friend is very offended that everyone comments on her purple kitchen.  She corrects everyone with a little sass and tells them it is 'XYZ gray".  

We are having a little brunch there tomorrow before an event and a friend suggested we tell the people that have not been there yet and those who have to simple say "Yes the gray is lovely." As our friend is now asking EVERYONE "what color is this paint?"

She is determined for someone/anyone to agree it is gray or at least looks gray.

Little white lie in order?

No.  No need to lie.

IT'S PURPLE.

She is upset because she messed up.

I think it's hilarious.

Honored Contributor

I just painted my house and one of my bathrooms is purple. But everyone says it's brown.

The towels I got for it are called lavender and it matches the wall color perfectly.

Shrug.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I would stay out of it.

Honored Contributor

Just because a paint manufacturer names a color  something (a gray) does not make it gray. There are also many grays with purples added to the formula. 

Honored Contributor

1C2F2AFD-F335-43E7-8276-A5F7F47D3596.jpeg