Super Contributor

So, What Have You Bought Lately?

I am such a fool for candle holders!!

Super Contributor

Re: So, What Have You Bought Lately?

Esteemed Contributor

Lately, uh......haven't purchased a thing here. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I bought a Waterford lamp for my bedroom. OMG, it's sooooo beautiful and the quality is amazing. Looking to purchase another but they're pricey so one at a time on my budget.

I'm going to add some Fiesta Ware to my kitchen collection in the new poppy color when it becomes available this summer.

Honored Contributor

My last QVC order was for Don Aslett XO neutralizer---I was almost out.

Super Contributor

On 4/12/2014 Snowpuppy said:

I bought a Waterford lamp for my bedroom. OMG, it's sooooo beautiful and the quality is amazing. Looking to purchase another but they're pricey so one at a time on my budget.

I'm going to add some Fiesta Ware to my kitchen collection in the new poppy color when it becomes available this summer.

Have to check out the Poppy Fiesta Ware!

Trusted Contributor

I love those candle holders, whitelinen. Did you buy them? Maybe I ask where they are from?

Trusted Contributor

On 4/12/2014 whitelinen said:
On 4/12/2014 Snowpuppy said:

Have to check out the Poppy Fiesta Ware!

Sounds so pretty! I need new dishes and am considering Fiestaware but them seem pretty heavy so I haven't purchased yet. Do they get marks from silverware? My dishes now are so marked up and I don't know what it's from.

Sorry, whitelinen - I'm getting off topic. I do love those candle holders and hope you got them!

Esteemed Contributor

Fiesta introduces a color each year to coincide with their annual Summer Sale in June. The preorder date on HL's website is May and this year's color is poppy!

The dinner plates are substantial at 10 1/2" and yes, they're heavy but you get what you pay for. If they're too heavy for you, try their buffet plates or square Fiesta, they are 8 or 9". Exact dimensions on HL website.

My dinner plates are a beautiful glossy black so no scratches. Try Barkeeper's Friend to clean marks off your dinnerware.

There's a Fiesta thread in the Kitchen Forum.

Honored Contributor

The question should be more like what haven't you bought lately. I am only willing to admit to a couple purchases as I am still in denial. At the q, I bought a few things from the as is section. A set of chocolate pedestals and a floral wreath. At pier one, I bought two sets of carrots.

Respected Contributor

I love the shape of those candle holders, Whitelinen. My big purchase this week other than the linens I posted about earlier is for some Silhouette-type shades for my home office. I got rid of the draperies I had in that room almost two years ago because they were in shreds. I inherited them from the former home owner. I wanted roll down shades of some kind, but all the bids I received were for more than I wanted to spend. I finally ordered them from blindsdirect and they cost only 40% of any bids even after I pay a handyman to install them. I'm so looking forward to removing the blanket that I've had covering that window for way too long and crossing my fingers that I measured correctly and that the shades are made properly.