Respected Contributor

Both are well done for such small spaces. Cozy and welcoming.

Honored Contributor

I really like the first one, not caring for the second room.

First one is charming, vibrant, cohesive and has cheering personality.   Pink is one of my favorite "uplifting" colors in rooms.

Honored Contributor

Re: Small Living Room Ideas

[ Edited ]

The second is kind of cute and comfy, but where are the lights except the tiny one sitting in the right hand corner?  Not one lamp or light from the ceiling.  Not at all practical.  

I would move the chair away from the fireplace a bit and direct it more towards the sofa.  There's not much room for legs walking or sitting in this room, so maybe smaller scale furniture would be best.  

Respected Contributor

@jubilant 

Pic 1 - I like the blush colored wall & corner windows.  Makes for a cheery room; however, I'm not a fan of the crowded seating area & all the cluttered pillows.  so, I'd make some changes there.

Pic 2 - sorry, I don't care for this room.  I have to ask a question though .. why does it seem stylish for drapes to hang on the floor in so many pics?  I just don't get the reasoning behind it.

Honored Contributor

I have major issues with this room.

1.  I don't like seating (couches, chairs, loveseats) in front of windows.  First - limits access to windows, and second - sun exposure will ruin upholstery.

2.  A light colored loveseat that close to a fireplace?  Forget about dust and ash and smoke damage!

Overall, the room is a bit to "prissy" for me.

38 Small yet super cozy living room designs

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@jubilant 

Pic 1 - I like the blush colored wall & corner windows.  Makes for a cheery room; however, I'm not a fan of the crowded seating area & all the cluttered pillows.  so, I'd make some changes there.

Pic 2 - sorry, I don't care for this room.  I have to ask a question though .. why does it seem stylish for drapes to hang on the floor in so many pics?  I just don't get the reasoning behind it.

@sceniccoast   I really don't know how "pooling" drapery came about.  Like you, I don't care for it.  Maybe someone else here knows what got that started.  Ladies??????   

Esteemed Contributor

Very pretty well decorated rooms. I would love to see the rest of the houses. 

Respected Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

The first one is nice but not my style.  I agree with the others that the pink accessories would have to be replaced.  I wouldn't want the furniture that close to the fireplace...especially if it is a working fireplace.

The second one is my favorite but I'd remove the wallpaper.  

I don't like crowded rooms so the first one doesn't appeal to me.  The second one is ok.

Honored Contributor

The first pic is sort of sweet but it's unclear whether the room is actually that small or that we're merely seeing a corner vignette. I'd remove the bold floral pillow, the pink lampshade and revamp the mantel. Despite a few pleasing elements, I don't care for the second room, which really does appear claustrophobic.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Each have elements I like.