Honored Contributor

The unfinished one with a lighter stain might look nice.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh I had to have these. Well that never slide right they bang up the wall behind. Company slams them around. Nightmare. Wish I never got them. They don’t seal tight either so no real privacy. 

Trusted Contributor

I loved this style the past few years.  While these are trendy now, I'm thinking the style won't be as popular in the not too distant future.

I also don't believe they'd be practical as bathroom doors.  

Honored Contributor

I really like these and wished I had somewhere to use one.

Respected Contributor

I like the look, but only in the right style house. I have a sort of bungalow house and they would look awful in my house, and the rooms are small as well.

Honored Contributor

I have been wanting something like this for some time now.  Our Master Bedroom is on the front of the house with a nice big bay window.  And then we only have a doorway into the Master Bath, no door.  There just isn't anywhere to put a door where it wouldn't be in the way.  And the only way to get any light in the bedroom is to leave the blinds open.  I do have some of those blinds that have sheer fabric on both sides to give a little bit of privacy, but not much.  So, you can actually see into the bathroom from outside.  There's also no way to put in picket doors because there's plumbing on one side and the toilet room on the other side.  

Luckily for me, the shower and my vanity is behnd the wall, so I'm not showing the world anything, but I can't speak for hubby and whether he is parading back and forth across that doorway naked.

Honored Contributor

I really like the sliding doors. they can be rustic or very contemporary depending on where you put them. Saw a photo, maybe here, or on Pinterest, of sliding doors on a medicine cabinet----my hubs is a carpenter and made one for a house he was working on. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I figure they're a fad and in 20 or 30 years, they'll look silly unless you live in a barn.

@Kachina624   That's what I'm thinking.  They do look very cool with the right decor and you need a lot of wall space for them.  However will they look very dated in the not too distant future?  Sort of like harvest gold & avocado green appliances in the 1970s...but by the mid 80s they were so dated.

Honored Contributor

I don't like them.  I think people just use them to use them and they look out of place most of the time.

We stayed in a hotel room where there was a barn door for the bathroom.  It didn't make any sense to me.

Respected Contributor

Depends on the size of the room and the style you are going for.

They either work with the home or they don’t.

-Texas Hill Country-