Honored Contributor

Re: Sliding Door Medicine Cabinet

I do not care for this medicine cabinet but I do like having medicine cabinets in my bathrooms.  I have the ones with the glass/mirror doors.  I store medications and first aid items in them.  The style of the cabinet shown is not my taste at all.

Honored Contributor

I really like it----in fact I love the whole vanity, counter tops, wall, light--everything!!! Just the colors I am thinking about! Clean, simple very attractive.

Esteemed Contributor

Should be double bowl sink there. I think the slide bar might rust in that environment. Not for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

It works w/all the other surfaces.  I like it.

Respected Contributor

I like it.   I might choose to do it in something besides brown .  We don't have a medicine cabinet and haven't had one in 20 + years.  I miss it.   They are very practical, especially one like this that combines it with a mirror.   I don't like the old ones, stuck on a wall.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a fan of the barn door look as a door/room divider or in this application either.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When we bought this home one of the full bathrooms did not have a medicine cabinet in it; yet all the others did. Seemed strange to us, so we bought an attractive medicine cabinet to match the wood throughout the home and my husband installed it. It is now built into the wall like any other medicine cabinet and I cannot imagine not having one in all bathrooms of the house.

Yet, when touring show homes each year, the new homes only have framed mirrors hanging in the bathrooms above the sinks! Where do people keep first aid supplies, mouth wash, toothbrushes & tooth paste, floss, deodorant, contact solution & storage case, nail polish remover & cotton balls, clippers & emery boards, tweezers, shavers or razors, Q-tips, hair gels & spray, etc.? Sure we have cabinets and drawers below, but they are filled with fresh linens. The double linen closets on each floor are filled with bed linens, quilts, blankets, a vacuum, and Christmas gifts for others (I begin shopping when I see the "perfect present").

ETA: I love the herringbone wallpaper on this wall, but feel the "barn door" look is too trendy. Add some hinges, a pretty frame around a mirror and enjoy a medicine cabinet!    

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I think it's over done for a medicine cabinet door/ mirror.

Honored Contributor

Nothing in this bland room appeals and while I like the occasional inclusion of a sliding door in the right space, this isn't it. That seems like an awful lot of hardware for a medicine cabinet. The light fixture is dreadful.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Nothing here I like. Too bland. Sliding door might work in a rustic cabin setting, but it doesn’t work here IMO.