Honored Contributor
@Sage04 Lol! I love my dolls. Something I never outgrew. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@Laura14  Your place looks great. I love dolls too even if my daughters didn't lol.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sharing your new home photos. Fun going along for the ride.

Trusted Contributor

Good morning @Laura14...The bride doll, is that a vintage doll and where in the world did you get it ??? It is beautiful.

Last question, the shag rug room with the black and white prints....where did you get rug ?  What actual color is it ? Hard to tell.

I just have to add, the color scheme that you decided on is great.  The greys with the black and the pop of deep deep purple.  JUST A WOW !!!!!

Enjoy your weekend.

Thank you again for taking your time to load these photos for us.

I cannot wait until you post...........ITS DONE, AND HERES THE FINISHED LOOK !

I look so forward to it.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning @Skididdy.  

The bride doll is actually an almost replica of the wedding dress my grandmother married in.  Believe it or not, my sister found it in a Cracker Barrel probably about 20 years ago and it was a gift to me.  Not vintage but not new either.

The shag rug came from my mother who is redoing her space.  It is a Safaveih rug and it is grey in color with maybe some silvery tones to it.  I'll try and see if I can find it online. 

I can't wait unitl I get it together more too.  I wish I could paint some of the walls too but that wasn't allowed.  I think they'll be less stark once I get my pictures up.   

I honestly like more color but the basics had to be neutral which I understand so I went grey and cream and purple has always been my favorite color in the world.  I need more of it around the place. Honestly, I wish I could find a purple rug and use that around the place.  If rugs weren't so expensive, I just might do it at some point and get nuts with it.

Thank you so much for your compliments and ask away if you need to.  I don't mind at all.    

Honored Contributor

@Skididdy   I think this is the rug.  Amazon has it if you want to look at it.  It's called Safavieh New Orleans shag rug.  It's grey with cream and some silver tones to it.  

Rug.jpg

Trusted Contributor

OK @Laura14, you are very very efficient...I would love to hire you in my office to get things done...lol.

Thank you...I shall check it out. Funny but I just found a 75.00 Amazon gift card from last Christmas that I never used, and a 30.00 KOHls card....HMMMMMMMMMM, lifes funny sometimes...

BTW, the story of the bride doll is awesome.  The matching dress thing....again life is surprising at times..in many ways.

When you said you look around at times and cant believe you live there...its a great feeling isnt it ?  You are where you are to be, and what a feeling that must be .

Wishing you YEARS AND YEARS OF HAPPINESS HEALTH & BLISS IN YOUR OWN LITTLE CASTLE. !!! What else is there !?!

Honored Contributor

The same to you @Skididdy.  What a wonderful person you are.  HeartSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14, wow, thank you, I needed that today like you have no idea. !!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:
@Sage04Lol! I love my dolls. Something I never outgrew. Smiley Happy

I'm a doll collector too.  Your collection is very nice, and your new home is beautiful.