Honored Contributor

Since home is where the heart is, what music/artist do you just love in quiet moments?

[ Edited ]

Have you heard of Eva Cassidy?  I became aware of her on the Acoustic Chill CDs.

Here's a You Tube link to Songbird  my favorite.  I think you'll agree she was special.  I could just float on a cloud!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3aVGCZ_v0

I also love James Taylor.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Since home is where the heart is, what music/artist do you just love in quiet moments?

Yes, she is well loved and dearly missed.  I have all her CDs, and there is a brand new one just released last year called "Nightbird".  Another beautiful voice that has left us way too soon due to that insidious cancer.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Since home is where the heart is, what music/artist do you just love in quiet moments?

Yes, she was special.  I became aware of her many years ago through our principal who was a fan of her music.  Listen to her rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"-it is chillingly beautiful.. So sad that she passed so early.  Heartbreaking story.

Honored Contributor

I like to have my tv on the easy listening music choice channel. They only play instrumental renditions of various songs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Eva Cassidy was a wonderful singer.  Gone way too soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

Love, love, love Eva.  Such a brilliant artist taken way too soon.