Honored Contributor

Are you familiar with Rachel Ashwell and her Shabby Chic books and stores?  She has been with Target and her brand is featured at lower prices.  I purchased these sheets which I absolutely love.  The pink is soft and very pale.  Just what I was looking for.  They are percale and 250 thread.

Embroidered Hem Printed Sheet Set White - Simply Shabby Chic®

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1Love Rachel Ashwell. I have a lot of her books. My house is totally shabby chic. Love the sheets you bought at Target. Very pretty...

Honored Contributor

@pugvette74  You are so lucky to have all Shabby Chic.  It is so comfortable and welcoming.  It takes time to get the perfect lamps, furniture, not an easy task.  Love your little Pug.  Rachel has her own website but from what I can see, she no longer sells her sofas.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1  Thank you, that's my Newman. He is such a sweetheart and loves everyone. It was very hard to do all shabby chic, but it all came together. My couch is from Ikea, looks very shabby chic with the white covers. Easy to take off the covers, wash them and air dry. It's comfy and cozy.  

Enjoy your beautiful sheets. Heart

Honored Contributor

@pugvette74  Newman is precious.  Love those curly tails.  I have a Tonkinese cat but love all animals.  Funny you should mention IKEA.  I own the Ethrop sofa with slipcovers.  It has the roll arms and looks very shabby chic.  It's a great sofa for the money.  When I bought it, it was $399.  It's a little higher now.  I live about a 1/2 mile from IKEA.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1  Tonkinese cats are beautiful, loving, social and a great companion cat. My first cat as a teenager was a siamese. I had her for 17 years. I think Tonkinese cats are a cross breed of a siamese and a burmese. 

Yes, my sofa is a Ethrop too with the chaise. I love Ikea. You're so lucky to be so close to one. I am 3 hours away. I do a lot online. Just ordered a second sofa cover in white. Sometimes it takes a long time for the heavy duck cotton to dry.

I'll have to check out Target. Thank you for your post...

Honored Contributor

I've never even been in an Ikea store.  I believe the closest is in Phoenix 339 miles.  We aren't large enough in Albuquerque to warrant having a store.  I surely didn't know you could get shabby chic types of furniture there.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I really like your new pink sheets which is something i’d like. DD buys most of her linens from Target too. Enjoy.

Honored Contributor

Yes.  I have admired her things for a long time.  Every time I am in Target I am "ooohing" and "ahhhing" over her things.  If I were ever to do a nostalgic and very feminine type bedroom with an old-world feel, I would definitely purchase some of her things.  I love this look!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Love it

⚓️