Respected Contributor

Re: Simple and Pretty for the Holidays ...

@stevieb 

It's a very pretty room & nicely decorated.  I think it could use a tad of red color on the wreath though.

Honored Contributor

I like the look but would have different color ornaments on the tree, it needs some color.

Honored Contributor

Maybe a little too simple for me. I'd need something on the wreath.

Honored Contributor

Very pretty.

I don't need to have a room full of red for Christmas. I always do love greenery.

I was just reading in a magazine (Southern Living I think) that the biggest mistake people make when decorating for Christmas is the use of red and green. The decorator suggests to use colors that compliment your home decor. Just his opinion but I agree.

Red looks terrible in our Coastal Home so I use very little of it. I do have red bows on all the outdoor posts, wreaths, and railing outside which goes nicely with the gray and white on the house.IMO

Respected Contributor

@stevieb Simple always reminds me of a bygone era when we did not have much but love!  I truly like this and the memories it evokes, thanks for sharing!  Merry Christmas

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@stevieb Simple always reminds me of a bygone era when we did not have much but love!  I truly like this and the memories it evokes, thanks for sharing!  Merry Christmas

@Boomernichols  Agree and I know I've streamlined greatly over the past several years. I have some beautiful Christmas decorations and I still use some of them but in significant moderation. I never was one that liked my home to look like the Christmas aisles at Homegoods anyway, but did do quite a bit of decorating. Now, it's a small tree, a simply decorated mantel and dining table, a wreath on the inside kitchen door and a seasonal floral arrangement on the great room coffee table. Gone are all the garlands, the 'collections' and the trappings of excess. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Simple, gorgeous and makes you want to stay a while! So pretty.

Honored Contributor

This is my goal. Neutrals, and mostly greens and pine cones in decor. 

Not sure I will get there any time soon, as I love a lot of my Christmas decor, but slowly moving that way. 

I love this room.

Honored Contributor

It's pretty but red and green say Christmas.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

This is a beautiful space.  You're right it's simple and pretty.