Respected Contributor

Re: Shower Door vs Shower Curtain.

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girl   I have both versions in my house, so here's my opinion of each:

My housekeeping mantra is, "It's easier to keep up than to catch up."  To this end I have hand-held squeegees in every shower.  It is a well established habit in this house to squeegee the shower walls, door and floor after every use.  There has never been a problem keeping a clean shower or glass door.  If it does become one, however, I will coat it in Rain-X, a car care product to bead water off windshields. 

This is more of a decor hint than cleaning tip, but I hang two shower curtains  and liners on the shower that doesn't have a door.  It gives a more full, luxe look, IMHO.

Good luck on your bathroom re-model.  Lucky you!  

Edited to fix a typo.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely a shower curtain.Easy to clean & easy to replace!!

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't consider a shower curtain.  I HATE them.

Respected Contributor

If you want to age in place I would strongly recommend a curtain. If you ever need to use adaptive equipment or need assistance with bathing, shower doors can be problematic. 

You can find beautiful shower curtains, just use an inexpensive liner that can be easily washed. 

Honored Contributor

I had a door in my first house and it never looked good no matter how often I cleaned it.

Respected Contributor

I have both in our home and I prefer the shower curtain. I love a pretty decorative cloth one with a liner.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I have had both a shower door and shower curtain. My shower door is frameless so it's easy to clean and I use a squeegee  after each shower and I clean it when I clean the shower.   My previous home had a walk in shower with no door so I used a shower curtain. It was a fabric shower curtain that went into the wash every two weeks or so. It was easy to keep clean and it lasted a long time.  the fabric was very light and dried quickly. 

Honored Contributor

Shower door 😊.  I don't have issues cleaning the track.  I clean the shower with a cordless stick brush I bought at the Q.  Go look at doors and ask questions. 

Respected Contributor

I have both and like the glass door. It is frameless so no track to clean. Before installation you can purchase a coating for the glass so it is easier to clean. We don’t squeegee and it stays clean for about two to three weeks. Cleaning takes less than 5 mins. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have glass now and I do like it better than a curtain... BUT the glass has gotten etched and hazed by the water over years. I tried everything, and it doesn’t come clean because it isn’t dirt or minerals, the glass is damaged by water-

Do they make glass doors now that resist etching?  I would get that if I was replacing mine.