Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shower Cleaning Products

I've tried a ton of products for the bathrooms in our home. I have a allergies so fumes really bother my breathing. I have some annoying  mold problems that surface in two of the bathrooms.We have an older home so these areas are not as well vented as they should be. 

I use the Scubbing bubbles mos tof the time. KaBoom works better but the fumes kill my breathing. I have a portable steam cleaner that I use about once a season and that really does get the mold from those corners. It's the best for this problem and it only uses water. I have a smaller size one and it works well.

I have tried the vinegar and baking soda mixutre using a toothbrush. It works but the fumes were too bad for me. I did have do this a few times on the bad spots in the corner. For my needs, I'll get our my steam cleaner and use the Scrubbing Bubbles for weekly cleaning.

Esteemed Contributor

The bottom floor of our walk in shower since we moved here was a problem trying to clean......it had a dingy look to it and i tried EVERYTHING.....then one day my daughter came to clean for me when i wasn't feeling well and she used Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom cleaner and the floor of the shower was sparkling white.......i couldnt believe it...i had tried many cleaners, bleach, etc.  So we use that now...and for mold Lysol Tub & Tile has always worked for me.....but you need circulation and/or fan going......

Honored Contributor

@Kcubed

I like "Shower Clean." It is very effective and all you do is spray. No scent either.

It has a patented sheeting action which allows it to evenly distribute itself.

Hope you feel better soon!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

We could never get our old shower clean so we remodeled the bathroom. We use the handheld to spray down the walls, squeegee it off & towel dry after we take a shower. Makes it so much easier to keep clean. 

Respected Contributor

I'm a fan of Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner ( it is a bit different from the regular one) and a Mr Clean Magic eraser. Works great!  

I've heard the Dawn and vinegar is good but have never tried it. 

Agree that bleach is best for the mold and it might need to be recaulked. 

Oh, the spray from Scrubbing Bubbles that you use after each use does help a lot. You can buy the automatic one. Much easier to really do. 

Super Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Kcubed

I like "Shower Clean." It is very effective and all you do is spray. No scent either.

Where do you find this? 

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

@seehorse wrote:

We've always had the old black & white tiles. I used a spray bottle with bleach and water.

Now in new house with fiberglass and like to know what works best.

I see posts about vinegar and dish soap / and or dishwasher detergent.

Thank!

I have a fiberglass shower floor and it's a bear to clean.  The vinegar/blue Dawn combo is the best I've found.  I've tried everything from straight bleach to every kind of bubbly cleaner there is.  I also purchased V33924 that works well for me.  With the long handle, I don't have to get on my hands and knees and it has several brush heads.

I have V33924.  It doesn't matter what I use with it, the shower is clean.  I buy whatever spray brand bathroom cleaner that's on sale.

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug837 wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Kcubed

Where do you find this? 

@Ladybug837 I have paged @LTT1 for you, so hopefully she'll see this and get back  to you RE "Shower Clean."

Super Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  I am going to try the bleach pen for the mold.  I too hope to see where to buy Shower Clean.  It sounds great.  In the meantime, I will try scrubbing bubbles shower cleaner.