Honored Contributor

Re: Should this LR Have Artwork on the Mantel?

It begs, cries for something on or over the mantle.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

In my opinion yes, the room looks naked.  It needs some color is also is very bland and boring.

I agree... I think a nice watercolor painting would look nice above the mantel....

Super Contributor

I don't care for the room because I am not a fan of a neutral color palette. The mantel needs a piece of artwork or a large wreath above it. I also would decorate the mantel. The coffee table needs a larger lamp and a decorative item or two. On the other side of the couch the table looks small. I would place a large plant there. The large table near the end needs something other than the large bowl. I probably would add curtains to the windows that could be pulled back. I like to decorate and no surface is left uncovered.

Honored Contributor

It does look a little plain in this picture.  This is one of those things I think I would have to be standing in this particular room to answer.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it needs something large.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, a colorful print over the mantle and something pretty on the mantle. The room looks a bit cold and sterile as it is.

Respected Contributor

Yes.  The room is too plain for me, without something above the mantel.

Respected Contributor

The color is wrong, needs something softer then some color inside those insets.  The insets over the fireplace already are a "frame" of sorts so I would not hang any kind of framed item.  Something artistic is needed, though.  Without personality, the room could be in a community center.  The furniture does not do it justice.  This room looks like What Not To Do.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A big screen TV...one that shows artwork with options to change the images.

Samsung "The Frame" A TV disguised as a picture and you can change the image as you wish.

2a5fa815e91c2a750f659425f1ae32ce.jpg

Honored Contributor

The room does need something.  I don't care for the white wall behind the mantel and I would have all the walls  painted over,perhaps a Wedgewood blue.  I would place decor on the mantel and refurnish and rearrange.  The room is too blah as shown.