Frequent Contributor

Re: Shocked the QVC advertised Malden Mills Polar Fleece sheets when they're not!

I just want to comment that when I said that I could see my hand through the sheets....I should have said that I had ordered the ""white"" set.....I did send them back. The two other sets I have are dark colors & are heavier weight. They are my favorite sheets & maybe I should have given the tsv a chance....

Honored Contributor

Re: Shocked the QVC advertised Malden Mills Polar Fleece sheets when they're not!

On 10/21/2014 whitelinen said:

Thanks to all who commented on the TSV or their experience with MM fleece sheets.

Sounds as if I missed the boat on these; will take a close look at them when they arrive. The construction of the elastic corners will be the deciding factor for me.

Can anyone suggest another brand of fleece sheets to rival MM?

Whatever you do, don't buy the fleece sheets Kohl's sells! I originally bought three sets of these in their sales and I couldn't believe what a mess they were after just one season. For a start, there were balls of lint everywhere - all over the carpet, all over us - and it never stopped. The dryer would be clogged with it, we'd breathe it in while sleeping. Finally, after one season's use, they were in terrible condition: nasty, large pilling and the backing fabric was so thin it started to develop holes. I donated them all to the local animal shelter for bedding. (And they were just as expensive "on sale" as the MM/Berkshire sheets are. I love Kohl's, but would never buy fleece sheets from them again.)

I can honestly say there isn't another brand I'd recommend that would match the quality of these Malden Mills, but maybe someone out there has found another brand that would?

Super Contributor

Wow, horror story Venezia! Apparently buying a set of fleece sheets is no easy matter.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Super Contributor

Received the green king size set. Tried them for size then laundered them. On my bed now with my winter bedding.

Plush comfort! No more crawling into freezing sheets! Electric blanket & Rachel Ashwell heavy duvet in place on my generic Tempurpedic mattress.

Ahhhhhhh . . . bring on the freezing temps and snowstorms.

Honored Contributor

whitelinen - I hope you continue to love them! But...umm...I think I'll pass on the "freezing temps and snowstorms"! (I can hope.) Wink

(I already have two different blues, one sea foam and one cream, so I went for the lavender in this new set. It's a very pretty, soft shade.)

Super Contributor

You are such an enabler Venezia! Seriously, thanks for your input, I'm enjoying them.

Super Contributor

I received this TSV last week. This is my first experience with fleece sheets. I read posts here saying how much they loved them, so I decided to give them a try this year when I saw the TSV. I've been using NN flannel for years in the winter months.

I followed washing instructions, wash cold, dry low, no fabric softener. They came out very nice. Not much lint in the dryer trap, no pilling. They fit the bed very well, and I have a 3 inch memory foam topper on top of pretty thick mattress. I thought the elastic on bottom sheet wasn't all that great, but they fit very well. I guess in time we will see how the elastic holds up. I will wash them again tomorrow so i can get them into my weekly wash routine.

These sheets are wonderful. Much, much better than flannel. To me they feel a bit thicker than the flannel I have, but I don't feel hot in any way. Actually felt hotter using the flannel. Something about these fleece sheets keep me warm, yet cool at the same time. Its nice not crawling into a cold bed. I don't think I could ever go back to flannel now. I have nothing else to go on, because this is my first set of fleece, but I love them...and so does the cat.

Has anyone had any experience with the fleece sheets at Costco? Wondering how these MM (or Berkshire) compare to the Costco ones. TIA.

Honored Contributor

New mattress -- too hot with the fleece sheets (which I loved). However, now we are too cold b/c for summer we switched to cotton percale sheets. I changed our bedspread (quilt) -- its lightweight. Am going to go back to the fleece sheets now b/c we feel cold. Change/change

I do love the way fleece is so light weight and easy to transport from washer to air dry to bed -- I do not put them in the dryer -- no need. They dry quickly ( a few hours) by themselves.

My first set of fleece sheets had the "Polar Fleece" label on them. Second set had Malden Mills label and somehow I was able to verify that these were indeed made with Polar Fleece.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

On 10/21/2014 insomniac said:

You don't like the sheets, so you're sending them back, which makes sense.

But why do you want a "replacement"?

Just go to J.C. Penney and buy theirs.

Well, for lots of us that's the reason we do shop on the Q-we don't WANT to go to the mallSmiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 10/26/2014 buyornot said:
On 10/21/2014 insomniac said:

You don't like the sheets, so you're sending them back, which makes sense.

But why do you want a "replacement"?

Just go to J.C. Penney and buy theirs.

Well, for lots of us that's the reason we do shop on the Q-we don't WANT to go to the mallSmiley Happy

Second that!!