Contributor

Shocked the QVC advertised Malden Mills Polar Fleece sheets when they're not!

I just received the Malden Mills Polar Fleece Sheets from the TSV the other day. They are advertised as Malden Mills when they are actually from Berkshire Blanket. Also, I couldn't believe the quality of the sheets they sent me. They felt like the fleece you would buy in a dollar store! I called and they told me to send them back. I wasn't happy with that since it was false advertising. I spoke to a manager and she did admit that it was a totally different company. I don't even see Berkshire Blanket sheets sold on their site. I honestly think the replacement they are going to send will be the same sheets I received today. They are going to have USPS pick them up and send me the correct ones. I'm so upset, I feel they should have given me some sort of credit for the false advertisement.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shocked the QVC advertised Malden Mills Polar Fleece sheets when they're not!

On the thread last week about the tsv shipping costs a poster mentioned the actual name of the company is Berkshire Blanket Company.

Super Contributor

Re: Shocked the QVC advertised Malden Mills Polar Fleece sheets when they're not!

What do you mean they're going to pick them up and send you the correct ones? The TSV from last week are not the same polar fleece sheets they sold last year?

Respected Contributor

I love my Malden Mills sheets. I have given all my flannel away. The fleece are warm but seem to breath just like cotton but much lighter and soft! Not uncommen for big Corp like them to have a number of companies with single distribution centers for shipping their goods. It sounds like the OP wants more than their money back.
Respected Contributor

Malden mills filed Bankruptcy seven years ago. Someone provided a website for Malden Fleece and it was Berkshire blanket.
Super Contributor

This is my first Malden Mills sheets purchase. Will someone who is familiar with these sheets and has received this TSV please confirm that the set is the same product as in the past??? Many thanks in advance.
Frequent Contributor

I'm confused...why were they calling them Malden Mills?

Respected Contributor

You don't like the sheets, so you're sending them back, which makes sense.

But why do you want a "replacement"?

Just go to J.C. Penney and buy theirs.

Contributor

According to the supervisor, they are two different companies (Malden Mills & Berkshire Blanket). She said they sent me the wrong sheets. According to her they are going to send out the correct ones. I just have a strong feeling that I'm going to get the same sheets because I don't see that they sell Berkshire on the site.

To the comment about wanting more than my money back. I want the sheets that QVC advertised and I thought I was getting! It's as if you ordered lobster, but they gave you imitation crab lol! Don't advertise something and send something else! I have never purchased Malden Mills, but from the presentation I expected something with far better quality than getting dollar store material!

Super Contributor

On 10/20/2014 makeup addict said: Malden mills filed Bankruptcy seven years ago. Someone provided a website for Malden Fleece and it was Berkshire blanket.

That's not exactly correct. Seven years ago the Malden Mills factory burned down. That was the story about the owner who continued to pay full wages to his employees while they rebuilt the plant. The plant is operating again, making Polartec fleece, but last year they filed for bankruptcy. Polartec is the trademark name of the fabric that Malden Mills produces, Berkshire is the company that makes the sheets from the fabric.