Honored Contributor

Re: Sheets not 100% cotton? do you like?

I tried them once and didn't like the way they felt.  Ended up putting them in the donation bag.

The ones I'm using now are 100% "Italian Linen" microfiber ... meaning very fine threads.  The thread count is very high ... the fabric is fine/thin and exxtremely soft.  

I found them at Amazon when looking for black sheets and pillow cases.  

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Mary Bailey

Whenever I need to buy sheets, I look for thread count over the feel because the feel can disappear after a few washes.

To make sure I am going to love the sheets: I wash one of the new pillowcases on gentle and dry.  If it comes out a mess of wrinkles, I iron it and return the set to the store.

Sheet are too expensive to have them sit on the shelf and not get used.

I have some sets that are 100% cotton sateen and some poly/ cotton mix: like them equally.  It depends on manufacturing process and quality of the materials.

I agree with your last paragraph.

I don't discount a cotton/poly blend in clothing just because.......

Some are better than others.

Respected Contributor

I have both 100 percent cotton and a cotton/poly blend. I think the comfort level depends on many factors including the humidity and the cotton to poly ratio. We have low humidity and I find the blended sheets comfortable, but they are mostly cotton with some poly for less wrinkles. I could never do 100% poly.

Honored Contributor

Cotton for me, i like the performance sheets at target, i bought and sent back the clothesline sheets from vermont country store, they were terrible.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

100% cotton with a lower thread count otherwise they're too hot for me.

I don't like a sateen finish or anything that says clothesline crisp, I think they're noisy.

It took me a long time to find something I was happy with, that didn't end up as drop cloths or a donation.  I finally found them at JCPenney.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't use them.  Everything on my bed, from the sheets up, is 100% cotton.  That's what works for me, anyway, as I tend to generate way too much heat.

I like a good quality mid thread count (400-800) Egyptian cotton the best.

Respected Contributor

Only 100% cotton for me.  I want to try the Fieldcrest 100% cotton sheets at Target.  I like a wide flat sheet and these are very generous at 100 inches wide.  Price was a little higher than I usually pay at $70.00 a set but I'm going to give them a try. next time I buy sheets.

Honored Contributor

No. Feels like I'm sleeping in plastic...oh wait, I kinda am if it's isn't 100% cotton.

I WILL say that the blends always looks good where as 100% cotton....not so much unless you iron it. I'm not ironing sheets.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

No. Feels like I'm sleeping in plastic...oh wait, I kinda am if it's isn't 100% cotton.

I WILL say that the blends always looks good where as 100% cotton....not so much unless you iron it. I'm not ironing sheets.

I'm with you.   Once in a great while, if I'm feeling up to it, I'll iron the pillowcases but there is no way I'm going to iron sheets.  

I really enjoy taking good care of my home but I draw the line at too much ironing.  

Esteemed Contributor

100% cotton for me too.......