Trusted Contributor

Re: Sheets - Fleece vs Flannel

@worldtraveler. Sorry!  Just trying to help!  I am such a bugger about sheets-- Everybody has something they are finicky about and my thing is textiles in the house.  I don't care what they cost, they have to be exactly what I want- Sheets, towels etc.  I figure I spend lots of time in bed sleeping (or at least trying to!). I'm going to be comfy!

Honored Contributor

Fleece hands down. I haven't had to wear socks to bed since I started using fleece sheets.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@walker and @ccassaday Same company? Oh, then if I went with the PolarFleece and all I can find now on QVC is Malden Mills, I can pretty much be assured they feel as nice as the Berkshire PolarFleece I got last year. Good to know.

Interesting that you, @walker mention that the flannel is not as cozy as the PolarFleece. I would want the coziness I have now with the PF. When I think of flannel, I think of the plaid flannel shirts. Warm, but not that great of a feel on my skin.

There was a lot of confusion last year because people ordered Malden Mills but they came in Berkshire packaging. Yes they are the same as last year. Just make sure it wasn’t the Berkshire velvet soft sheets you had and not the polarfleece.

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum Okay, that helps with the decision. Think based upon what everyone has said, I would be good to go with the Malden Mills PolarFleece sheets. Heart

The only thing that I have found with the fleece, and I am quite sure it would be the same with flannel, is when I turn around in the bed, regular sheets are better for movement than fleece. Know what I mean? They are more "slick" for movement. But I sure did enjoy them otherwise last winter.

Contributor

LOVE the Berkshire velvet soft sheets.  These with the Berkshire velvet soft/sherpa comvorter is all I need during the winter.  Warmth and coziness without weight.  

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Jtdmum Okay, that helps with the decision. Think based upon what everyone has said, I would be good to go with the Malden Mills PolarFleece sheets. Heart

The only thing that I have found with the fleece, and I am quite sure it would be the same with flannel, is when I turn around in the bed, regular sheets are better for movement than fleece. Know what I mean? They are more "slick" for movement. But I sure did enjoy them otherwise last winter.

Yes I know what you mean lol. I had old fleece pjs and I could barely turn. I am disabled. I bought new cuddl dudd jammies that are more velvet and it solved the problem.

Respected Contributor

I prefer the polar fleece sheets. No more cold feet. I tried JCP fleece sheets but didn't like them as well as Malden Mills.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Just purchased the Malden Mills PolarFleece sheets on QVC in blue. Appreciate your time in giving me your thoughts. Knew I would get some good advice. Heart

Respected Contributor

I havfe a set of the fleece sheets from QVC and several set of flannel.  I prefer the flannel sheets.

Respected Contributor

Once I tried fleece sheets I got rid of all my flannel sheets.