Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sharing my dream house

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@MyShadowLove 

Hello my friend... I guess the solitude was getting to me so I put myself out there Cat LOL  That will teach me to show and tell!

@Witchy Woman... Oh Yoo Hoo, I'm back...I just quoted that part of your post that I wanted to reply to.

Please continue to "put yourself out there" and "show and tell"!...Ignore the very few negative posters...they are vexatious to the spirit...A favorite poem of mine that I have sitting on my desk is "Desiderata" of which I try to live by, but don't always succeed and that's okay...lol 

The happiness and gratitude that you have for life and all that you have been blessed with shine through and are very contagious...Just look at all of the wonderful responses from so many posters who are enjoying the lovely scene of your beautiful home and its surroundings...That's what these forums are for...to share and enjoy....so I must share a little of my imagination with you, as I take in the image of your dream house which I find so calming and soothing. 

I love the yellow doors...one of my favorite colors... and the yellow and white wicker and adirondack chairs on your porch...I'm thinking that the upper balcony might run off of your bedroom, so I'm imagining you jumping out of bed every morning and starting your day by going out onto the balcony and enjoying the beauty around you.

I'm imagining you and DH relaxing and enjoying a drink on your lovely wrap-around porch, while your precious Artemis lays by your feet or sits guard on the steps of his lovely dream house...feeling so loved and content with all that he has been blessed with also. Heart

I'm imagining the various seasons and all of the beautiful potted and hanging flowers that must adorn your steps and wrap-around porch.

Finally, I'm imagining all of the guests that you will be having at your lovely B&B once all of us are able to travel again. Woman Very Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

Such a lovely post...thank you for your kind thoughts and expressions.

Yes, all of the things you imagined are what we do.  Although, that balcony area has gone unsued for many years.  I often will step outside when the weather is nice, but rarely sit there for more than a minute or two.  

As I mentioned in another post, it was built as a "smoking balcony" for DH, but he quit, so....now it is just a nice little spot to view the tree tops.  And, it is off our bedroom in a hallway that connects to the turret.  It was an addition that was not in the original houseplans.

I did get Artemis out this morning for his walk and sniff down of the area.  There has been a stray around, so he is curious about all the smells that are not HIS!   Of course, I made the mistake of putting out food....so now, there is a heated bed and shelter for the intruder.  

I will NOT, however, attempt to "tame" him.  I am resolute there will be no more of that.  I will feed him and offer shelter on the porch, but that's it.  I may try to get a local TNR to trap him, but that's for another day.

We are looking forward to having guests return...it helps me stay on my toes to keep the outside nice and put of a few decorations.

As long as we both are able, we'll keep the fire burning!

Valued Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

You and your husband “nailed it”! (I know you will get my joking)

Your house and surrounding area is gorgeous and well done. 

Your house is well thought out and filled with love.

Happy Holidays and thank you for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman Your home is absolutely beautiful. Your husband has an amazing talent.

Do you have an extra room available?😘 I keep to myself and I am good at housecleaning. And you seem like a very nice person.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

I know you are likely joking, but If and when you are traveling, we do have a room in our B&B.  It's a whole house rather than a room Cat LOL

So odd, I just got a request for a booking for January 1 & 2, 2021.  I've posted on our website we are not taking guests, but I guess they just overlooked that statement.

Probably not taking visitors until late 2021...so this time next year!

Just tag me Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

That is beautiful!!  I don't blame you one iota in how you feel about it. Wow.