Honored Contributor

Re: Share your Fall decorating pics here!

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@sfnative

It just breaks my heart to read about your situation. I have many female friends who don't 'get' my need to make a nice home. They don't understand anyone who loves to clean, cook, decorate, and create a home environment that is special and loved. 

They see their things as just that 'things' and have no emotional attachment to grandmas Bible, or Aunt Lucy's hand made quilt. They care about functionality only (not that that isn't important) but seem to have no real emotion in their homes. 

I hope with your move, you can begin again what you have always loved. I am so excited for you, as it seems you are embarking on a new adventure. Please share with us the steps as you move along. We are all so very interested and happy for you.

@Mominohio Hi MOMINOHIO   You said it very well.  It's just the personal touches that make a house a home.  Sadly these days in the magazines and on HGTV, the houses resemble offices and seem cold and sterile instead of being a nice inviting home that you want to come home to at the end of a stressful day at work---or spend your time or live in... It's nice to see all the ladies on the forum that take an interest in making their homes special, warm, and inviting! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sfnative  Moving is a lot of work and I hope everything goes smoothly for your. Best wishes and much happiness in your new home and happy decorating too! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Susan Louise

I received my Dennis Basso mercury glass trees yesterday.

They light up beautifully, and will be an elegant addition to any spot I decide to place them.  (I'm still considering.)  In fact, they might be TOO elegant since my style is more toward the rustic.  But their simplicity will allow them to fit in, I have no doubt.

The only slight annoyance I had was that one takes AA batteries and the smaller takes AAA.  Luckily I had enough AAAs stashed away!

By the way, I hope you got to watch the meteor showers.  I regret to say I fell asleep too soon on those nights. 

@GingerPeach  Some friends and I had set our alarms and were going to take a drive away from the city lights to see the meteor showers---We've had days and weeks of clear skies, unfortunately on the best night for the meteors, wouldn't you know it----it clouded up and a big thunderstorm storm came in and ruined our plans...Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

So sorry to hear rain interfered with your plans.  But at least you've got rain!  Here in California we are parched.  (Fingers crossed the El Nino news turns out to be as good as expected this fall and winter.)

Oh, well,  we can try the skywatch again next time.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Spurt

So sorry to hear rain interfered with your plans.  But at least you've got rain!  Here in California we are parched.  (Fingers crossed the El Nino news turns out to be as good as expected this fall and winter.)

Oh, well,  we can try the skywatch again next time.

@GingerPeach  Yes, we were blessed to get some rain....Texas just came out of a drought ...although our drought was not as bad as you've had it in California.....I hope El Nino brings your area lots of nice rain, but not floods......Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Spurt  Hi Spurt, Sorry for the delay in responding. I haven't been on the forums much lately. Bless your heart...and thank you...I'm thrilled you enjoyed the pics. It means a lot to me. I hope you will share some of your decorating pics too Smiley Happy

As for that squirrel, yes, it's from Hobby Lobby. I got it last year...quite the cutie! I am sure I will use it /find a place for every year I decorate for Fall

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

DSCF0673.JPG

This is from last year, my kitty was ready for fall, I haven't pulled out the fall decorating stuff yet, I'm waiting for a couple weeks---

Awwwwwww...precious! Oh how I wish we had pets! I just want to wrap my arms around your fur baby! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Susan Louise

I received my Dennis Basso mercury glass trees yesterday.

They light up beautifully, and will be an elegant addition to any spot I decide to place them.  (I'm still considering.)  In fact, they might be TOO elegant since my style is more toward the rustic.  But their simplicity will allow them to fit in, I have no doubt.

The only slight annoyance I had was that one takes AA batteries and the smaller takes AAA.  Luckily I had enough AAAs stashed away!

By the way, I hope you got to watch the meteor showers.  I regret to say I fell asleep too soon on those nights. 

@GingerPeach  Yes, DH and I watched the meteor showers for 2 nights. The most we saw over an hour time frame was 14...that was wonderful! We couldn't have had better conditions either...the moon, clouds, light pollution or haze was not a problem this year.

I'm glad you got the DB trees and like them. They are quite elegant, and as you say, ITA, their simplicity will make them fit into almost any home/decor. Please post pics when you decorate with yours and I will too! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

100_2613.jpg

I made a new wreath today for my front door.  Now, I'm ready to start decorating next week. I took this picture from above it so it looks smaller at the bottom but it isn't.  LOL

Honored Contributor

This was my front porch last year.  As it turns out, it was the last autumn with my little dog.  I never spend a lot on decorating and I don't buy anything large, because I have very little storage.  Also, real pumpkins don't fare well around here - it's too hot.

Soooo, as you can see, I'm a minimalist, but it works for me. The squirrels steal acorns and the pumpkins turn to mush, so I'll stick with my phony pumpkin, lol.

autumn missy.jpg

~ house cat ~