Honored Contributor

Re: Share your Fall decorating pics here!

@GingerPeach wrote:

@lucymo Mine came from Pier 1 last year (or was it two years ago?).  I liked it because it seemed so versatile.  I use different bows for different seasons.  I'm practical that way (some might say lazy!).  The berries have been sturdy.  I haven't lost one yet.  

@GingerPeach  Nothing wrong with buying an item that can be used all year.  In fact, it solves the storage problem.  I usually take apart all the seasonal wreaths and arangements because I don't have room to store them with everything attached.  I also tire of using the same ones each season so I make new ones almost every season, same florals and greens, just arranged in different ways. 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo  I admire all the work you put into your wreath.  It truly is assembled with an artist's eye.  I would guess it's satisfying each year to recreate it.

Funny you should mention storage.  I made a wreath some years ago from a grapevine wreath base, to which I added ribbon,  including a large bow (you know,that wire-edged ribbon, love that stuff!), and sparkly accents, and other three-dimensional addiitions.  As for storage, it hangs on the door to a room upstairs.   

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@lucymo  I admire all the work you put into your wreath.  It truly is assembled with an artist's eye.  I would guess it's satisfying each year to recreate it.

Funny you should mention storage.  I made a wreath some years ago from a grapevine wreath base, to which I added ribbon,  including a large bow (you know,that wire-edged ribbon, love that stuff!), and sparkly accents, and other three-dimensional addiitions.  As for storage, it hangs on the door to a room upstairs.   

@GingerPeach  Thank you and yes, I enjoy doing florals and wreaths.  Some turn out how I like, others back to drawing board.  lol  Oh, yes, I love that wire edge ribbon, makes bow making a lot easier than the regular edge kind.  Also, you can store the bows that you like and even though they are crushed you can restore them just as nice as they were.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo

@LTT1

@mousiegirl

My little dog was a mutt, terrier mix.  We adopted her when she was eight years old, or so they said. The vet said she was probably older than we thought.  She was scheduled to be euthanized the week we took her, so we like to think that we gave her four years she wouldn't have had. She was the best behaved, smartest dog we've ever owned.

The pumpkin is artificial. I bought it years ago, after having several real ones rot from the heat. It's quite heavy and not likely to blow away and certainly won't rot!

We live in a town home, so the neighbor's door is just a few feet from ours.  Our very dear neighbor lost her husband last year and now she just moved to senior housing. Her son and DIL bought the home from her, and they seem to be gearing up for some porch decorating, so I'm going to step it up a bit this year. I've been searching Pinterest for some decorating ideas that won't cost a fortune. 

When we lived in NY, I had hay bales and  huge pots of Chrysanthemums and ours was among the prettiest on the street, but I lost my incententive when I moved to a place with perpetual summers.  I think I'm ready to get enthusiastic about it again.

Thank you all on the home forum for inspiring me.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@lucymo

@LTT1

@mousiegirl

My little dog was a mutt, terrier mix.  We adopted her when she was eight years old, or so they said. The vet said she was probably older than we thought.  She was scheduled to be euthanized the week we took her, so we like to think that we gave her four years she wouldn't have had. She was the best behaved, smartest dog we've ever owned.

The pumpkin is artificial. I bought it years ago, after having several real ones rot from the heat. It's quite heavy and not likely to blow away and certainly won't rot!

We live in a town home, so the neighbor's door is just a few feet from ours.  Our very dear neighbor lost her husband last year and now she just moved to senior housing. Her son and DIL bought the home from her, and they seem to be gearing up for some porch decorating, so I'm going to step it up a bit this year. I've been searching Pinterest for some decorating ideas that won't cost a fortune. 

When we lived in NY, I had hay bales and  huge pots of Chrysanthemums and ours was among the prettiest on the street, but I lost my incententive when I moved to a place with perpetual summers.  I think I'm ready to get enthusiastic about it again.

Thank you all on the home forum for inspiring me.

I recognized the terrier in your pup, so lucky that you came along, as I have two rescued terrier mixes. Smiley Happy  Terriers are very smart, my female has a mind of her own, while the male is the perfect dog. Smiley Happy  I am so sorry for your loss, I know how painful it is.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

rooster 1.jpg

rooster 2.jpg

The second picture shows the base...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

This was my front porch last year.  As it turns out, it was the last autumn with my little dog.  I never spend a lot on decorating and I don't buy anything large, because I have very little storage.  Also, real pumpkins don't fare well around here - it's too hot.

Soooo, as you can see, I'm a minimalist, but it works for me. The squirrels steal acorns and the pumpkins turn to mush, so I'll stick with my phony pumpkin, lol.

autumn missy.jpg

What a cute and sweet furbaby! I'm so sorry that sweetie pie is gone. 

We have a senior dog that has gone down hill this last week terribly, and is in the hospital this weekend. We are out a very large (to us) amount of money already, worried about how we are going to keep funding his care, and things aren't looking very good. I'm devastated, and not looking forward to the fact that after 10 years with him (we got him from a rescue organization when he was about 2 or 3 years old) his time with us might be very limited now. 

There is no better home decor than a loving (and much loved) pet. 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@lucymo Mine came from Pier 1 last year (or was it two years ago?).  I liked it because it seemed so versatile.  I use different bows for different seasons.  I'm practical that way (some might say lazy!).  The berries have been sturdy.  I haven't lost one yet.  

@GingerPeach  Nothing wrong with buying an item that can be used all year.  In fact, it solves the storage problem.  I usually take apart all the seasonal wreaths and arangements because I don't have room to store them with everything attached.  I also tire of using the same ones each season so I make new ones almost every season, same florals and greens, just arranged in different ways. 

I love decor that can change and adapt to the various seasons. Makes so much more sense when trying to live a life with less.

And what a great idea to take apart and remake different designs each year. Keeps the look fresh, but very little to buy additionally. Great thinking lucymo.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here we go.  The basis of a good bit of my home decor:

batteries.jpg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Here we go.  The basis of a good bit of my home decor:

batteries.jpg

@GingerPeach

Ha Ha! So very true! 

And the basis of a good bit of money missing from our wallets as well!