Respected Contributor

Re: Share great products made in the USA

Tervis. Made in Florida. Premade or add your own photos to make custom.

http://www.tervis.com/?CAPCID=26972987202&cadevice=c&gclid=CLvWuNzSnsQCFWFp7AodoTAAyQ&CA_6C15C=1297...

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2015 redwingsgal said:

I have only one answer for this post: AUTOMOBILES!!

Just drive through the streets of my hometown and you will see why I say that. And it doesn't matter, in this case, where the cars are "made", the money still goes back to the country where the company is based.

And I realize that ALL car companies have lemons, ours are no different.

I saw a bumper sticker "Fought in WWII to keep this country free", and it was on a FOREIGN CAR!!!

Nowadays people want to buy products made in the USA, but cars seem not to be on the list Smiley Sad

I would suppose it depends on where you live, but we have Honda plants here in Ohio, and every other car on the road is a Honda of some type. We have lots of pick up trucks in this rural area as well, almost all 'domestic'. And while some of the money goes back overseas, the Honda plants here keep lots of suppliers and their employees employed with companies that provide parts for them.

I wish there was a dependable source that showed just how much money from the sale of both foreign and domestic cars stays/goes and how many other businesses they support here or abroad. Would be eye opening, I'm sure.

Even American car companies are outsourcing much of the components in an "American made" car, so that a great portion of it is actually foreign made anyway.

Respected Contributor

Honda in Alabama too.
Respected Contributor

Toyota in Mississippi, Mercedes in Alabama.
Respected Contributor

I always try to buy USA first.

Esteemed Contributor

mominohio, That is funny about your cat always trying to get your meat drippings. Cats don't miss anything. We had a couple who went into a frenzy at the sound of the electric can opener. I'll never forget that. Thanks for the additional information about the product. I will add it to my wishlist and think on it.

Regular Contributor

On 3/9/2015 duclane said:

http://www.onlyamericanmadehere.com/made-in-usa-products-by-state.php

Search by State made.

Thanks for sharing a great site!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/10/2015 Lagan said:

Tapestry purses made in California - dannyktapestry dot com. Pick your style and fabric. Washable.

Thanks for the site. Do you have a favorite style purse from their selection?

Super Contributor

Pepsodent Toothpaste, and Florida's Natural Orange Juice

Esteemed Contributor

Any made in USA decorative items? Sadly, I think most of what I have that was not inherited is imported.