Esteemed Contributor

Re: Share great products made in the USA

On 3/11/2015 Rustys mom said:

Crossroads candles made in Bucyrus, Ohio. Great candles.

I haven't tried those yet, but I probably will eventually.

I think all of the candles (real, not flameless) and melts I've bought for years now are made in USA. The only exception is the Better Homes wax melts that I have. They only say distributed by Walmart, so I don't know where they are made, unfortunately.

Super Contributor

A flip and fold, a set of cookware, and a Ford Expedition.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/11/2015 Lagan said:

Hi, SHOPR. Re the Dannyk bags, they are a favorite of all the family females, so collectively we have quite a few. I like the Lisa, the Hampton, and the Large Zipper (which isn't that large, lol). Those who carry lots of things like the Isabella Tote. We sometimes order a small item(s), cosmetic bag, change purse, FIRST, to be sure we like the pattern(s). If you don't care for the item, you can return it, or, what the heck, you have some Xmas stocking stuffers on hand, lol. Their customer service is excellent.

They do have some new styles and fabrics since I last ordered. Hope this helps!

Thank you, Lagan. You've been very helpful. It's funny that you mention the Lisa, Hampton, and Large Zipper, because those three were my top three, just based on seeing the online pictures.

I'm liking this pattern called Cora/Green. I really like the colors, and it would be like no other purse I own or have ever owned. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Cranes

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/11/2015 mominohio said:
On 3/10/2015 SHOPR said:

Any made in USA decorative items? Sadly, I think most of what I have that was not inherited is imported.

I'm thinking you almost have to go local craft type stuff to get than now.

There are Longaberger baskets, and Peterboro baskets, and Longaberger almost had their pottery back in the states, but the company either went out of business or sold just before the transition was to take place. So sad. I'd love to see them be all domestically made products again.

I do have two Peterboro baskets which I use in the kitchen and pantry, and one small Longaberger. They are decorative as well as functional. So, we've got baskets and real candles made in USA, both of which qualify as decorative.

I just thought of Byer's Choice figurines, made in USA. They just aren't for me, but that's one more!

Super Contributor

"Trader Joe's Organic Peanut Butter Valencia" says "Product of USA" on back of the label of the containers I bought. Skippy peanut butter labels used to say made in Arkansas, but am not seeing that on the labels anymore.

Super Contributor

James Avery Jewelry, Oka B sandals, Telic sandals,Sloggers shoes, Purse Perfector
Regular Contributor

Chocolate Charlie! Best chocolate/peanut/marshmallow candy ever! Proudly made in South Bend, IN

Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2015 SHOPR said:
On 3/11/2015 mominohio said:
On 3/10/2015 SHOPR said:

Any made in USA decorative items? Sadly, I think most of what I have that was not inherited is imported.

I'm thinking you almost have to go local craft type stuff to get than now.

There are Longaberger baskets, and Peterboro baskets, and Longaberger almost had their pottery back in the states, but the company either went out of business or sold just before the transition was to take place. So sad. I'd love to see them be all domestically made products again.

I do have two Peterboro baskets which I use in the kitchen and pantry, and one small Longaberger. They are decorative as well as functional. So, we've got baskets and real candles made in USA, both of which qualify as decorative.

I just thought of Byer's Choice figurines, made in USA. They just aren't for me, but that's one more!

I forgot about the Byer's Choice. I wish I liked them, but I just never have. It always makes me a little sad when there are good quality things made right here in the states, but I don't care for them. Sometimes I'm tempted to buy them anyway, just to support American businesses!LOL

Contributor

I've been very satisfied with the products and the customer service at www.MadeinUSAForever.com, a good source for American-made products including toys, clothing, housewares, all kinds of stuff. Sign up for their newsletter, they will spotlight new and on sale items every week, and there is also some interesting information on occasion about the politics of supporting American manufacturing. I also found StephanieDawn handbags from a QVC thread. They make VB style bags in a plant in Ohio that was previously run by VB until they moved to China. Same quality, nice assortment of designs. I have tried entering Made in USA in the QVC search box with mixed results. You can then narrow down the results to the category that interests you, but check the product description for additional evidence that the item is American made. I will always buy an American car brand, though I believe the Chrysler minivan I have was actually made in Canada.
Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2015 Kati said:

Chocolate Charlie! Best chocolate/peanut/marshmallow candy ever! Proudly made in South Bend, IN

Chocolate/peanut/marshmallow? Oh noooo! *drool* If it's milk chocolate, I'm in. I don't live anywhere near IN, however, and haven't heard of this brand out west.