Trusted Contributor

This is another negative review for the Dennis Basso TSV Faux Fur Throw they had just before Christmas. I bought this throw for my grandson and really wanted him to have something special andall his own. It arrived to my daughters home just prior to Christmas and she told me that it had shed on everything, literally everything such as the rug in his room, his bedding, his blankets, pillowcase, other clothes and much more. Truly a waste of money and shame on Dennis Basso for putting his name on this cheaply made product. I know there were many reviews about it shedding just after I bought it but I waited to see how it was going to be once I arrived to my daughter's home. Calling customer service and complaining. I realize it was not expensive,  but expensive or not, to my standards,this was garbage.

Valued Contributor

Re: Shame on Dennis Basso & QVC

.   I guess it depended on the color purchased. Mine hasn't shed at all and it was also purchased when it was the TSV. I'm sorry yours was not up to Dennis' usual quality.

Honored Contributor

@gigy 

I bought three and they are all great!   Sounds like you got a "lemon".  Hey, it happens sometimes.  I don't know about your "shame"  on anyone ... i've never had anything of DB's  -- coats or throws -- that were substandard.   Send it back or exchange it.  

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if certain colors are the ones that shed...

Honored Contributor

@gigy wrote:

This is another negative review for the Dennis Basso TSV Faux Fur Throw they had just before Christmas. I bought this throw for my grandson and really wanted him to have something special andall his own. It arrived to my daughters home just prior to Christmas and she told me that it had shed on everything, literally everything such as the rug in his room, his bedding, his blankets, pillowcase, other clothes and much more. Truly a waste of money and shame on Dennis Basso for putting his name on this cheaply made product. I know there were many reviews about it shedding just after I bought it but I waited to see how it was going to be once I arrived to my daughter's home. Calling customer service and complaining. I realize it was not expensive,  but expensive or not, to my standards,this was garbage.

it's still the return window, return it.

why hold on to something you are unhappy with 

Honored Contributor

Mine hasn't shed at all. Love ❤️ it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the Cafe Chinchilla  which I gave as a gift . I was going to  return it but the person I gave it to liked it. So far it has not shed .

Super Contributor

GURL...  I hate that for you.  Hopefully QVC will replace it for you.

Honored Contributor

@gigy 

So ........  did you call CS and complain?   What was the outcome of that conversation?

If she hasn't already done so, your daughter ought to take it outside and give it a good shaking.   Have you seen it yet?  You say you were going there.

If it's really in the bad shape she says it is, are you going to have it returned?   Clearly, you aren't happy   

As I said before, I bought three of these throws and they aren't shedding ... at all.

@gigy wrote:

This is another negative review for the Dennis Basso TSV Faux Fur Throw they had just before Christmas. I bought this throw for my grandson and really wanted him to have something special andall his own. It arrived to my daughters home just prior to Christmas and she told me that it had shed on everything, literally everything such as the rug in his room, his bedding, his blankets, pillowcase, other clothes and much more. Truly a waste of money and shame on Dennis Basso for putting his name on this cheaply made product. I know there were many reviews about it shedding just after I bought it but I waited to see how it was going to be once I arrived to my daughter's home.

Calling customer service and complaining. I realize it was not expensive,  but expensive or not, to my standards,this was garbage.

Honored Contributor

I've always passed on his throws for just this reason. Probably 20 plus years ago, they were top quality, but I'm not taking the chance of them shedding as everything QVC is selling these days is getting cheaper and poorer quality with each passing year. 

I've almost taken the plunge, but I just can't bring myself to do it.