Super Contributor

Sham pillows, do you sleep on them?

I've had sham covered pillows for decades, but they were always decorative, in front of the sleeping pillows when the bed was made, tossed off when sleeping. Then I started putting them between my sleeping pillows and headboard. They were always made of decorative fabric, nothing meant to sleep on.

Now they come in softer fabrics. I bought the Scott Brothers coverlet / quilt set with the hidden zipper in place of the envelope back, and they seem made of thick sheet cloth. As if you could sleep on  them. 

So, back to the question at hand, Do you, personally, sleep on your sham covered pillows?

Honored Contributor

Re: Sham pillows, do you sleep on them?

I don't.  It's silly, isn't it?  They're on the bed for looks, not useful at all.

Honored Contributor

Only naps.  I take 3-4 hr power naps.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

My sham covered pillows on our bed are purely decorative.  Every night we take them off the bed and put them in the chairs.  Much to the dismay of my husband who hates them.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't because they are decorative pillows.  But, they are your pillows so you can do whatever you want with them.

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

My sham covered pillows on our bed are purely decorative.  Every night we take them off the bed and put them in the chairs.  Much to the dismay of my husband who hates them.

I put mine in the chair at night too and my husband hates them too...lol  If he lies down for nap, he tosses them in the general direction of the chair.  He thinks they are clutter.

Honored Contributor

While I don't take them off the bed at night, they go behind our My Pillows.

Respected Contributor

Decorative only.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, but I don't take them off the bed at night.  

Trusted Contributor

No, I stack all the shams and throw pillows on the storage bench at the foot of the bed before I go to sleep.