Super Contributor

Re: Shadowbox Plate Gallery Wall

I think the framed plates with different back grounds is a really cute idea for a breakfast nook. I also have a tall plate rack in my kitchen and the set of 4 plates are Givenchy but all different colors and different flowers.

We all have different taste and that's a good thing. I'm not a fan of orange so I have nothing orange in my home.

I don't care for matchy matchy furniture but I wouldn't have all different chairs.

If this is a breakfast nook pr kitchen area then I think it's cute. Personally, I wouldn't use any of the furniture for a main dining room. 

I really do like the plates set in boxes with different back grounds.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I like the rustic feel of the room and the plates concept, but don't care for the color of the wall.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the photos and the table & chairs... don't like the orange wall.  

Honored Contributor

I like plates used as wall art but in this instance, the shadow boxes dwarf the plates and the geometric background of the boxes obscure the plates. I like the wall color and the furnishings but am completely over this thing of mismatched dining chairs. I can see using a couple of different styles, primarily having those at the heads of the table different from the rest, but don't think too many multiple styles works...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I just can not think of plates as wall decor, so that's an Out for me.  The table, however, is great.  I wish the chairs were mated with it. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I like the table and mis-matched chairs, and I like the table decor also.  I do not like the orange wall or the shadowbox plates.

Trusted Contributor

First off, I don't like the wall color.  But I would like those framed pieces to be of family photographs - black and white preferred.  That would work for me.