Esteemed Contributor

I just purchased deep purple curtains for my bedroom, looking for bedspread but can’t seem to find anything on line. 

Honored Contributor

I like purple and it's lighter incarnations, lavender and lilac (I believe lavender skews more blue while lilac skews more pink, for anyone interested) and occasionally use accessories in the color family, but never a whole room of it. I did once choose an off white paint color that captured the barest hint of lilac and it was beautiful. It read as white but it wasn't quite. As for the pictures, they're all pleasing in some way. I'd delete the rug from the first one, as, to me, something more subtle would be preferable.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

My master bedroom is purple and lilac & white.  Master bathroom is white and lilac. 

Trusted Contributor

I like the purple! It's different! I like the bedroom the best, it's gorgeous to me!

Honored Contributor

I have one bedroom painted a pretty lilac color for our *out of state* granddaughter.  The furniture is painted a chartreuse color.  She loves it and so do I.  I love to lay on the bed during a sunny day, it's such a happy color.  She has a pretty view out her window, too.  I love that room.

Esteemed Contributor

Although I have never, and doubt that I ever will, decorated with these shades but I LOVE these rooms. The bedroom looks so inviting, and all I need is to be curled up with a good book in the last room.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

All done in good taste.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Once I graduated from kitten wall paper as a child I was asked to pick the wallpaper I wanted for my room.  Out of everything I chose a white based paper with  lavender roses. Lavender trim on the woodwork.  Came out very nice.  In fact Lavender bedrooms became quite popular in the neighborhood.  Still, I liked mine the best. others were TOO purple. White with purple looks fresh.  Purple with white  not for me.

Honored Contributor

No purple in my home...just as as small accent color would be OK but not really a purple fan in Home Decor.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shades of Purple

[ Edited ]

Although I do like the color, I do not have any purple in my home.......I do have some purple and shades of lavender in my clothing wardrobe

I like photo#2 BUT get rid of that artwork over the bed....

I do NOT like photo #1 and photo#3.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”