Respected Contributor

the color pink can be really pretty, but i probably would not have it in my home ... although  i love the bedroom photo!  

Esteemed Contributor
I never liked pink as a kid either and am still not fond of it so it's an easy pass for all 3 rooms for me.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Except for flowers, not a fan of pink.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of pink either except in the garden, and my husband thinks all walls should be beige.  I have managed to paint a couple of walls something besides beige.  A few years ago I decided to paint the Master Bath.  I chose a color called Scalloped Shell which has just the slightest hint of pink in it because I thought it went well with the tile bathtub surround.  His first comment after I finished was "Kinda pink isn't it?"

Scalloped Shell paint color.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I love the bedroom. The pink is like a neutral to me. 

Honored Contributor

I've come to like pink quite a lot after years of not being much of a fan. I've only used it sparingly and only in accessories but am contemplating a big change, by painting one of my rooms in a beautiful shade of pink from Sherwin Williams... We'll see... And by the way, I don't think pink is just for bedrooms and I suspect the main reason most men claim not to like it is because they've been trained that they're not supposed to...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Shades of Pink?

[ Edited ]

Hi @wilma 

I have pink walls in my living room, but more beige than pink. In fact, the color name is "English Cream" (fell in love with that name oh, so many years ago). Sadly, it's been discontinued for a long time.

What I like very much about the color is the way the light reflects from it onto people and things and makes everything softer and prettier.

ETA: I also love the way paintings are shown off much better than when the walls were off-white. I first saw a similar, but even pinker shade in a friend's home and was struck by how her artwork really stood out against the color. I've recently noticed that some museums choose colored backgrounds instead of shades of white.

I'd post a pic but it never seems to reproduce well in photos.

Interestingly, I don't wear pink either. It's just not me. Like you, I love it in flowers and gardens, though.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

That's pretty, @Icegoddess 

Like the soft pink on the inside of some shells.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach if you still have a small amount of the paint, you can put some on a stir stick, let it dry, and they can reproduce it.  Just make sure it's well stirred.  Or, even if you still have the paint "chip" (the card you pick up from the store), they can duplicate from that too.  I used to do that all the time with grout colors and concrete stain.  

I wish I had thought about that when they put in our new upstairs AC unit because they had to make the size of the ceiling hole bigger.  If I had saved some of that, I could duplicate the ceiling color where I had to have some patching done due to a leak from our upstairs bathroom tub.  I tried, and got close, for a spot in the dining room ceiling, but I can tell it's not quite the same color. 

Honored Contributor

I've long thought of pink as a neutral.  The first picture pinks are a bit bright for me, but I like the use of pink in all the other images.

About 25 years ago, I had a small condo that was almost all living room, with a tiny kitchen and smallish bedroom.  The living room was pale pink, and the bedroom a medium French blue.  Loved that living room-- had floor to ceiling windows, plus a slider that opened onto the balcony.  The room faced north, though.  So the pale, blush-y pink kept it light and cheerful even with the steady, grayish north light that flooded the room.  Light, almost neutral pink looks so well with many colors.  I like it with chocolate, mossy greens, charcoal, cream, navy and other blues...