Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shades of Grey in the Living Room...

Oh my............I would keep the lovely windows, drapes, chandelier and carpet, get rid of everything else and start over!  Kinda depressing.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the color grey & the windows/doors .... that’s it I don’t like anything else 🙃

Respected Contributor

It's a lovely room, even if not perfectly decorated. The gorgeous windows just take it to another level! 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb , love the windows, the cabinet in the corner with the mirror and the rest can go.  I would be pulling the sofas away from the walls more than they are too.  Delete one coffee table, replace the light fixture.

I can't wait til grey goes out of style.  Hate the color and it is everywhere.  Armchair critic here 😊.  S

Honored Contributor

I'm not feeling this room.  

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@stevieb , love the windows, the cabinet in the corner with the mirror and the rest can go.  I would be pulling the sofas away from the walls more than they are too.  Delete one coffee table, replace the light fixture.

I can't wait til grey goes out of style.  Hate the color and it is everywhere.  Armchair critic here 😊.  S

@Lilysmom1  I could work with a good bit of what's there, but it needs badly to be rearranged, and I absolutely agree on pulling the sofas closer together and then getting rid of both of those awful coffee tables, bringing in one nice looking one to bridge the sofas. Otherwise, like many, I'd introduce some color. And while I don't much like grey either and am so tired of seeing it as a default, introducing some color in accessories could vastly improve this space.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

These comments are interesting to me since I have no design talent but, I do like furniture placement that is functional.  Without coffee tables, where would a person set their drink?

Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat  I'm not suggesting the room not have a coffee table, just that it not have these coffee tables... Option 1 woud be to move the sofas closer together and have a single better looking table serving both of them... Option 2 would be to have more attractive matching tables and Option 3 would be to have one coffee table serving one sofa and pretty smaller occasional tables serving the other... Personally, I'd opt not to have so much space between sofas and have one pretty table serving them both... There could also be end tables, gardent stools, etc. serving the sofas...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

There's plenty here I don't care for.  At first glance, I noticed the "coldness" of the room so much it reminded me of a dreary day outside.  I've never seen 2 coffee tables in one room before & don't care for it.  For that matter, I, like you, don't like the matching chairs & I'll also add, not liking the chandelier, fireplace, drapes or art.  The plus side .. I like the sofa, windows & carpet (but still prefer wood floors.)  Thanks for sharing.

PS:  I knew it wouldn't be a favorite room for yourself as you're not fond of grey.  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Love the windows, hate the two coffee tables and too much gray! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”