Honored Contributor

Re: Shades of Green 👍 or 👎🏻

[ Edited ]

I do have some green accents in my home. 

I do like certain shades of green---I like forest green, pine green, sage green, jade green, emerald green, seafoam green.....But I do NOT like lime green or chartreuse (what I call lizard green).....

In the photos shown I only like photo #3

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Love your pics.....

I painted my kitchen/hallway green 'cause kitchen needed a 'pop'.  Between the old woodwork (house is 70+yrs old) and the verydark brown cabinets, needed a color that would go with warm and and cool based tones.  Looked outside and decided to go with nature for inspiration:  green.

Also have green in various shades and accents in my livingroom furnishings.

Love color, love green:  it's both calming and refreshing.

Respected Contributor

1st & 3rd pics are my favs.  Love the scenic pic in the first photo.  I like everything except the wallpaper.  I think a seagrass wallpaper as an accent wall would be nicer.

Most greens I like are more softer; maybe seafoam, green/blue mixes

Honored Contributor

Certain shades of green are very peaceful.  Like the sofa in the second photo. I have an abstract painting that has green in it.  I have been wanting to find some green pillow covers for my sofa but the color is hard to come by.  I buy my pillow covers at Pottery Barn.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

1st & 3rd pics are my favs.  Love the scenic pic in the first photo.  I like everything except the wallpaper.  I think a seagrass wallpaper as an accent wall would be nicer.

Most greens I like are more softer; maybe seafoam, green/blue mixes

Funny, @sceniccoast , how we all have different tastes - makes the world go round!  I like the wallpaper in pic 1 'cause I think the circular design coordinates with the window on the outside building.  

Honored Contributor

While I do not have a spare room and bathroom with green walls, I do not have shades of green in my main rooms.

I do love these rooms in the pictures and especially like the soft green colored couch.  The green colors are just perfect, not overwhelming but eye catching, that is appealing.

Respected Contributor

Hi @eddyandme 

I never noticed the round window you refer to.  While the wallpaper is a soft print, it's busy at the same time & I just feel it's hard to match with.

You're right, it does make the world go round with the varying opinions.  That's one of the reasons why I love this forum.  Mostly, people respect each others' opinions.  

Hope you enjoy your weekend.