Honored Contributor

Shades of Green 👍 or 👎🏻

Do you like to use the color green in your home?

I like most shades of green. It’s like bringing the outside inside. 

I have living green plants in my living room & sunroom. My dining room wall color beneath the chair rail is an olive green. The same green color is on an accent wall in the foyer/living room area. My guest bedroom has shades of cream with greens in the chair, rugs, & pillows on the bed.

We used to have a plaid green sofa in our family room, but it finally fell apart. We replaced it with a very soft pale green solid color sofa. 

Here are some photos of green rooms I like that I found on the Internet. 

7E2722EB-60C4-4BDB-A60D-15E1F010D875.jpeg

58D8A888-0910-4FB3-9D52-A3E7352A144B.jpeg

18ADB563-54B4-4FCF-99B0-DECF430B415D.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Shades of Green 👍 or 👎🏻

[ Edited ]

Green is one of my favorite colors and among my first choices for interiors. I like all of those pictured, even if I don't like all the elements in all the rooms... Because it does draw on nature, I find most greens work well as a neutral.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

👍

Respected Contributor

@wilma I love me some green!  I actually have on green shirt and pants today.  My mother always used green in her bedroom and it always felt "cool" and inviting.  Come to think of it, I also drive a dark emerald green Buick with tan leather interior.

Honored Contributor

Love green, and those rooms are pretty, @wilma .

I find it so restful, refreshing, and looks good with so many other colors.  So many different shades are appealing, too.  I like blue-greens, and yellow-greens, pretty much equally.  Everything from soft mint, hazy robin's egg type colors, right through to silvery sages and olives...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The only green in my home are plants.  The only green in my closet is a green plaid blouse.  Guess I'm not a greenie at all. Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I think green is a great color for accents. It brings a pop to rooms and with all the different shades of green you have a lot of options that will work in almost any room.

Esteemed Contributor

Any fresh, clean green I like. New appreciation for green as decor over the past 10 years. I don't do olive or marshy green. Love my green/gray, neutral bedroom paint. Nice photos

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

Greens are my favorite colors, as well.  My livingroom has sage green curtains, antique white walls, and oatmeal carpet.  The couch and matching chair are cream with a rose pattern of shiny terra cotta and cream roses with sage green leaves. It's "grandma-ish", and cottage style, which works well in my small terra cotta house. 

I love the posted pictures.  I used celery green walls when I painted one of my first apartments and had a dark hunter green car, back in the early 70s.  So for many years have been partial to green. 

Esteemed Contributor

thumbs down for me....I don't care for green.  I think it's because I grew up in the 70's with a mother who loved green.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown