Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I couldn't handle this kitchen with my OCD, especially the doors around the stove.  To each his/her own.  

Agreed. This space would cause me an anxiety attack. This is just trying way too hard.

That SMEG fridge is a whopping $2k out on WS. Looks like what I had in my first apt. 😞

Respected Contributor

I can take some shabby chic, but if this had to be my kitchen the cups hanging from the shelves would have to go and I would need some better looking decorative items on the shelves.  Although I do like the little lamp in the corner top shelf.  AND the chandelier? would have to join the cups wherever they went when they left!  Since I don't cook, the stove wouldn't bother me but where is the necessary microwave!

Honored Contributor

I love the doors on the cabinets. So I’m weird. 😁

Respected Contributor

This looks like a single-person’s tiny starter apartment kitchen. With a little paint someone has tried to make the best of it. But unfortunately it is not a serious kitchen. 

Esteemed Contributor

I see this small kitchen in a cozy lakeside cabin....it's hard to tell from the photo, but it's certainly not part of a large and stylish home set in the suburbs! I've had several friends over the years who had small cabins in the Ozarks, and this is similar to what they had. None of them were wealthy or had a big decorating budget, but it worked great for a weekend getaway!

Honored Contributor

I too see this as a single womans first kitchen in a tiny apartment or a vacation cabin kitchen for girlfriends. 

Trusted Contributor

I light the softer colors but for a very small space, there's too much crammed in the space.  Wouldn't want to keep removing everything on the shelves all of the time for dusting.

Trusted Contributor

@OKPrincess 

Nothing weird about you.  Everyone has a right to their own styles & tastes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shabby Chic Kitchen

[ Edited ]

Funny thing.  The first thing I thought of was an old style English kitchen.  Did notice the “UK” on the bottom of the picture (second one).  Sometimes I amaze myself!  

Honored Contributor

I like the scale of the kitchen and the soft pastels, but it has too much going on for such a small space.