Honored Contributor

How cute!  I like it, not for me at all, but I can see in a small cottage for a young single gal.  Like the cabinet doors on either side of the stove, very creative and cost effective for someone with a small budget.  

Honored Contributor

I like it, I don’t need a serious kitchen, already have one.  Would like to have this just as a fun place on a lake some where quiet,  pretty, and nearby.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shabby Chic Kitchen

[ Edited ]

I like most of this look but I have to have my cabinets for my stuff! The colors are nice but I think if they would have used a stack of white plates and just a few other necessities on the shelves, it wouldn't look so cluttered.  

The use of the pastel colors gives it a bit of a 50's vibe. 

Honored Contributor

This tiny open  kitchen is a starter kitchen or a cabin/college kitchen.  Everything is a matter of perspective.  There are third world countries where this humble kitchen would be welcomed.  

Respected Contributor

I don't like the xmas ornaments hanging from the light fixture.   

Honored Contributor

Darling for a tiny cottage on a lake. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

YES YES YES ... but for a cottage or a guest house.  not for my everyday living.  i love it , tho! 

Regular Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

I'd probably like a single color on the cupboard fronts better, but I really like this.

I agree~ I love vintage ~ and I think this kitchen looks cozy.  A kitchen where one could feel at home ~ even if it isn't "your" home.

Esteemed Contributor

This is even worse than the stuff Joanna Gaines comes up with.  Definitely NOT my style!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown