Honored Contributor

Re: Set of 3 Gold Finials from a previous thread

[ Edited ]

@sfnative wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

I will chime in too, sfnative, and say congratulations on receiving a good set of these beautiful gold finials. I think that Shopr hit the nail right on the head- Zulilly probably bought all of the defective stock, not knowing just how bad they were, and probably got a great deal on the entire defective inventory. My set had three different finishes of color. I am going to mess around with them when I have a little time. There is a product that comes in a tube that is sort of a gold leaf finish that I will use to see if I can get the finishes to match more.  Amazon probably has first quality finials- I bet they will be beautiful in your new home.

Please let us all know how your move is progressing. I hope things are falling into place for you. You deserve good things to happen. Smiley Happy

@rosehill

Hi rosehill,

Good luck with the product in the tube!  I really hope it's able to bring your finials to life.  The difference in coloration within the set of 3 in some instances is just crazy and such a disappointment.  When I saw the dark one on the left in SHOPR's photo, I could hardly believe it.  That should have been sold as a factory "second!" 

@sfnative  That was my photo. Between the coloration issue and 2 of them leaning as I had mentioned previously, the set we got was worthless....so to me, all 3 finials were 'seconds' and should just never had been sold at all. I guess other countries have no QC on the end of their factory lines...LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

I will chime in too, sfnative, and say congratulations on receiving a good set of these beautiful gold finials. I think that Shopr hit the nail right on the head- Zulilly probably bought all of the defective stock, not knowing just how bad they were, and probably got a great deal on the entire defective inventory. My set had three different finishes of color. I am going to mess around with them when I have a little time. There is a product that comes in a tube that is sort of a gold leaf finish that I will use to see if I can get the finishes to match more.  Amazon probably has first quality finials- I bet they will be beautiful in your new home.

Please let us all know how your move is progressing. I hope things are falling into place for you. You deserve good things to happen. Smiley Happy

@rosehill

Hi rosehill,

Good luck with the product in the tube!  I really hope it's able to bring your finials to life.  The difference in coloration within the set of 3 in some instances is just crazy and such a disappointment.  When I saw the dark one on the left in SHOPR's photo, I could hardly believe it.  That should have been sold as a factory "second!" 

@sfnative  That was my photo. Between the coloration issue and 2 of them leaning as I had mentioned previously, the set we got was worthless....so to me, all 3 finials were 'seconds' and should just never had been sold at all. I guess other countries have no QC on the end of their factory lines...LOL

@Susan Louise

@rosehill

Re quality control, during his career in Silicon Valley, my husband was VP of R&D and Engineering and Manufacturing with various corps.  When ivolved in the manufacturing end of things, he would make a daily foray out of his corner office  down to the production floor.  As soon as anyone saw him coming, the whispering started.  He always made a beeline for Quality Control, spcifically to get his hands on the finished product.  Believe me, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of his angst if "his" products were inferior to the company's protocol. 

I think many have forgotten that it really means something to be made in the USA.  I know I'm proud of i.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sfnative wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

@rosehill

Hi rosehill,

@Susan Louise

@rosehill

Re quality control, during his career in Silicon Valley, my husband was VP of R&D and Engineering and Manufacturing with various corps.  When ivolved in the manufacturing end of things, he would make a daily foray out of his corner office  down to the production floor.  As soon as anyone saw him coming, the whispering started.  He always made a beeline for Quality Control, spcifically to get his hands on the finished product.  Believe me, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of his angst if "his" products were inferior to the company's protocol. 

I think many have forgotten that it really means something to be made in the USA.  I know I'm proud of i.

@sfnative Forgive me, but I think you missed the two points I made in my last post. I was just letting you know it was my pic in this thread, not SHOPR's as you had posted...and QC that just doesn't seem to exist on the end of an assembly line in other countries...not in the US.

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

@rosehill

Hi rosehill,

@Susan Louise

@rosehill

@sfnative Forgive me, but I think you missed the two points I made in my last post. I was just letting you know it was my pic in this thread, not SHOPR's as you had posted...and QC that just doesn't seem to exist on the end of an assembly line in other countries...not in the US.

@Susan Louise

Thank you!  I'm punch drunk tired getting ready for this move & my brain is going every which way. Here it is after 11:30 p.m. and I should be in bed, but I needed to relax, so am spending 30+ minutes here.  Thanks so much for the clarification.