New Contributor

Has anyone received the recent Serta Hotel TSV Mattress?  I don't find any reviews online because both Item numbers show as sold out. I read the thread about the out gassing and was wondering about any other reviews that might be out there. I was thinking about changing my order to the Harmonize, but not sure at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I would also like any suggestions for a mattress set that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thanks again. 

Frequent Contributor

Check out the info on All the Titles under the Forums & Blogs, "Recieved My Hotel Mattress Today".  I hope you are one of the Lucky Ones that does not

have the problems.  The Transitional Movement to your partner is Absolutely Horrible & a continual Roller Coaster Ride.  As for any smell I

purchased a High End Mattress Pad that was $200, so I am sure people will

find fault with that, BUT the slightest movement carries right over to your

partner.  God Help you if you have to move a leg, move a pillow, get up or just erase something on your ipad.  I have never Stayed in a 5 Star Hotel that had a mattress that had this problem.

I truly Hope yours is Better!

Contributor

I've had mine for about a week and a half.  I called QVC a week ago and told them to come get it because it's awful.  I'm STILL waiting for a call from the delivery company to schedule a time to pick it up.

The bed is quite firm and very uncomfortable.  Mine is still giving off a pretty strong odor.  Despite the claims of "coolling gel", it's just as hot as the old memory foam mattress I used to own.  I haven't had a decent night's sleep since the day it arrived.

My boyfriend and I are confused by the other person's comments though, and wondering if she got a different mattress than we did.  There is virtually no motion transfer.  One of us can toss and turn without waking the other person up.  This is the ONLY good thing I've noticed about the mattress.

This whole "hotel collection" nonsense is very misleading.  If I ever slept in a 4 or 5 star hotel that had this bed in the room, I would never stay at that hotel again.  I've slept in moderately priced motels/hotels that have much more comfortable beds than this.  There have been several times over the past week that I spent part of the night on the sofa because I couldn't get comforable enough to fall asleep in the bed.

Frequent Contributor

I have No Idea why it's Movement is Horrid, but it is! Special Hotel TVS 4-5 Star quality is not at all true. It is also Hot! They still have not picked it up.

Worst mattress Ever.  So glad we kept the old one, cause it is Great compared to this New Mess.  Totally Disgusted....I also think everyone got a different kind from the comments, as if whatever was available at whatever Location they made it & thrown together 😡😡

Spoiler

New Contributor

Thanks for all of your postings. Thankfully, I was able to get my order canceled before it was delivered so I didn't have to deal with the hassle of returning it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I laugh at all this 'gassing' talk - I bought 2 of these Sertas, a queen and a double.  Yes, there is an odor when first removed from the plastic protection covering - big surprise!  Same with new carpets, new car smell (which everybodys seems to love) but what's the big deal about a temporary new bed smell?   Lots of fussy unrealistic people here.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I laugh at all this 'gassing' talk - I bought 2 of these Sertas, a queen and a double.  Yes, there is an odor when first removed from the plastic protection covering - big surprise!  Same with new carpets, new car smell (which everybodys seems to love) but what's the big deal about a temporary new bed smell?   Lots of fussy unrealistic people here.

Ewww, the new car smell makes me gag.  No carpets for many reasons including the out-gassing.  Can't stand the smell of fabric softeners either.  Some people want to bathed in fumes, but not I!

New Contributor

Just wondering how the mattress has been for you?  Does it sleep "hot" and how would you rate the firmness?  I would like to know what your overall sleeping experience has been. Thanks for any input you can share.

Contributor

@Lanlaw wrote:

Just wondering how the mattress has been for you?  Does it sleep "hot" and how would you rate the firmness?  I would like to know what your overall sleeping experience has been. Thanks for any input you can share.

This mattress is quite firm and it's just as hot as the old memory foam mattress I used to have.  This "cooling gel" they claim is in it is pure BS.  Frankly, I haven't had a decent night's sleep in the 3 weeks I've had it.  This experience has been an absolute nightmare. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I first contacted them to process a return, and I have yet to be contacted by the delivery company.  I've called numerous times and cannot get anyone to pick the mattress up.  I'm so disgusted over this experience that I've cancelled nearly all my outstanding orders with QVC. Despite them claiming they offer a money back guarantee, they obviously are completely unconcerned at how unhappy people are with this bed.  If they do not pick it up by the end of the week, I'll be contacting corporate and the BBB.  If that doesn't resolve the problem, I'll file a complaint with the Attorney General's office.