Honored Contributor

Re: Sell This House on A&E....

@beautybee wrote:

Haven't see the new version yet. But the staging in the older shows doesn't work for me. I guess it's because they have to use the homeowners things and most of the time the furniture is big and bulky.  I think the way he paints just one wall is very dated. I think it was dated when that show was new. On one episode he painted the bedroom celing an ugly dark brown color so it could coordinate with the ugly dark brown comforter they had. I do like his personality, and Tanya's as well. They make a good team. 

@beautybee Painting one wall to create a "focal" background is still used.  Most people don't want to commit to a wall that is a different color or they prefer the unity of 4 identical walls.

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I used to watch when they first aired, and have been watching the reruns on DABL. I was never impressed with "decorator"  Roger Hazard.

He was awful!  He never ironed anything and nothing was ever really put together and polished looking.

Respected Contributor

i have never heard of this show before but i saw it on Saturday and watched, it was really good and i plan to

watch more episodes!

Trusted Contributor

I never understood why they had a host like Tanya who wasn't a decorator and really didn't contribute much to the show, IMO.

I remember when Roger wore his Tee shirts a size too small, and towards the end of the series they said that due to viewers' complaints, he sized up his Tee Shirts and he did look much better. 

I would never have guessed Roger was an interior designer, he looked more like a tow-truck driver to me!   Smiley Happy

I'd like to see this new show.  I really liked the one with Lisa LaPorta - I can't remember the name of the show.  I thought she did an amazing job in updating and improving the looks of the houses.

Respected Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

I never understood why they had a host like Tanya who wasn't a decorator and really didn't contribute much to the show, IMO.

I remember when Roger wore his Tee shirts a size too small, and towards the end of the series they said that due to viewers' complaints, he sized up his Tee Shirts and he did look much better. 

I would never have guessed Roger was an interior designer, he looked more like a tow-truck driver to me!   Smiley Happy

I'd like to see this new show.  I really liked the one with Lisa LaPorta - I can't remember the name of the show.  I thought she did an amazing job in updating and improving the looks of the houses.

I saw a photo of Roger with his husband & both of them are big, beefy guys.

Esteemed Contributor

I just happened to catch the new show over the weekend.  I thought it moved at a slow pace so had trouble concentrating.  They obviously have a bigger budget than they did on the original series because they were able to make so many more changes than they did before.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I watched the one Saturday. I like that they dont do huge remodeling and just paint, add other stuff that is not hugely expensive like most of the shows I watch.

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

I watched the one Saturday. I like that they dont do huge remodeling and just paint, add other stuff that is not hugely expensive like most of the shows I watch.

I forgot about it on Saturday, but I like that it is different and like you I like that they just use very inexpensive things to re-do-mostly paint and de-clutter, it seems.. They use the homeowners things too. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I DVRed today show at 11 am.  However, it cut off when they were doing the 2nd open house after the renovations.  What a difference paint and other things will do. Was the house sold and for how much? 

I've always likeed Tanya but I miss Roger. I didn't know that they asked him in the old shows to size-up his t-shirts.  LOL. 

Honored Contributor

Rats, I've been missing this show, but really enjoyed the original.  If only the HGTV channel would air this type of programming like they used to....