Honored Contributor

I like the first picture but would like that ottoman smaller.  If you have the space for it, sectionals are very nice.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My last couch purchase was my first sectional.  Actually, it's just a couch with a chaise at one end.  My end.Woman Very Happy

Space was limited against one wall and this was the perfect fit.  It's done in a natural colored performance fabric with removable (machine washable) slipcovers.

The back cushions are pillows which I like so I can flip and fluff as needed.

It really has only been seating for two although the couch is about 100+ inches long.  Usually have a couple of grandkids in between us watching TV.Heart

Respected Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Do you like sectional sofas?  

I like the look in casual family spaces. I always thought I wanted a sectional in our family room. I liked the idea of having lots of places to stretch out, recline, and relax. I especially wanted a sectional with a chaise for myself. 😉

When we needed new furniture we investigated the possibility of buying one, but they are so big. They either wouldn't fit in our small family room, or if they did, they would overwhelm the space.

The only feasible option was customizing a sectional at La-Z-Boy. You select the individual pieces you want, and they assemble it into the sectional shape you need. Clever but expensive. When all was said & done, though, we still opted for a regular sofa, chair, and ottoman which work better in our space. 

Here are few photos of sectionals I found online that I like. My main complaint about each room is the lack of window treatments. I realize that seems to be a trend, but IMO it's not practical. 

Love the view. I like blue tones used. Not crazy about the gold lamp & end table. I don't like using an ottoman like a coffee table. Items could fall off and spill too easily. Perhaps the one room that I might consider not having window treatments.

6D5AC8E9-9FC3-4C9C-8BC6-3C8C027E7A4E.jpeg

I like the neutrals, prints, & pop of yellow in the furnishings. I would add some greenery. 
I like the windows & architectural details on the wall. The throw sticking out of the ottoman is silly & dangerous. This room definitely needs window treatments - more than the other rooms IMO. 

477687E1-AA99-4AB8-BB8E-00B944FDD3A1.jpeg

I like the way they added color in the pillows. The print mixing is ok. The shelves are great for storage, but I'm not crazy about the decorative items displayed on the top of it or the word art. Another room that needs some kind of window treatments. E77F7EAF-931E-4E3A-A83C-C17AF0894C26.jpeg

I like this sectional, pillows, and rug. The floor is very nice. The lamps and tables are ok. I don't like the windows or  spiral staircase. The artwork adds some color, but I'm not a fan of the pieces. 
2599D484-B987-416A-B863-68834BC77BCB.jpeg

Yes.  I like sectionals, especially for a large room.  I actually have the sectional in the first picture in that color too and it's really nice.  It's from Ashley Furniture.  Got it just about a year ago.

Honored Contributor

I love the look of a sectional...and bought one...once deliered and I started to arrange it...it did not fit!!!  I live in a small town and the owner of the furniture store let me return it, thank goodness.

A piece of advice he gave me was to use newspaper pages to layout the size of what I was interested in, just to make sure it fit.

Valued Contributor

Re: Sectional Sofas

[ Edited ]

I've had a Lazy-Boy sectional for at least 25 years.  The color is called "Cigar" I think...it's huge & brown & I got it because at the time we had a brown dog & her fur was camouflaged on it.  It's also a sleeper (full) which is very handy when you have overnight guests.  Very comfortable...but one thing I can't stand & didn't think of at the time is the back pillows are attached...so you can't fluff them & over time the seams tear.  My smaller dogs like to lie on top of the pillows so they are permanently dented. The sectional is attached so it's really hard to vacuum under it or move it around.  I am in the market for something new..a smaller scaled sleeper sectional with unattached back pillows...The back pillows need to be tall enough where you can lean your head back...& have deep seat cushions...I can't stand shallow/short seats.  Also I want a color this time, something in the red family.

Oh as you can see in one of the photos a floor lamp can be used for reading.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the sectionals as well. We had a set that lasted for years and years. Love Sac makes sectional furniture in addition to LazyBoy. When we finally got rid of that we opted for a love seat and sofa mainly based on getting it in and out of the family room. 

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

An emphatic...No!

At one time, my mother had one, it always separated and she was constantly pushing it back together.  

========

Sorry to go off topic, but are you still liking your Zenhaven bed @Foxxee ?  I wanted to research the brand and found your comments from two years ago in a post that Lilac Tree started. Our mattress is now eight years old and I'm thinking I'd like to get that model.

Honored Contributor

Sectionals have come a long way.....

I like the second photo.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”