Respected Contributor

I am a Candle burner and was thinking how I go through the seasons with smells in the home. I am now pulling out the Apple which will go into Leaves and Pumpkin and then slip into Holiday of Balsam and Christmas and then Fresh Air/Winter. Come Spring ,more Florals

So how is it with you if you like air fresheners in the home?  I have all four seasons and a long Wintertime.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Yes, I burn for the season but sometimes have trouble finding summer scents I like. I did find Strawberry Poundcake at B&BW this year and went overboard with that one. Ha! Also, I had tended not to burn candles in the summertime cause it's so hot and candles seemed to just add to the heat in some way. But I often say I may not live long enough to burn all the candles I have stockpiled so this year the summertime burn commenced! I'm just finishing a watermelon scent from Harry Slatkin and now I'm ready for apple flavors. I will also be changing out the scents in my shower...been using Philosophy Beach Party and will be getting out an apple scent I have from years ago. Yummy scent fun in every room!!!   

Honored Contributor

I love all the apple scents for fall.  Later into fall I like the spice scents; then the pines for winter.  In the spring I get back into the fruits.  I'm not big into florals.  And I really dislike any of the "cake" scents.

Esteemed Contributor

If I can find candles on clearance with a scent I like then that's what I go with year round.  If not, I go with an apple and or cinamon scent year around except for Christmas when I use a Balsam/Christmas Tree scent

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I have to be cautious with the scents I burn.  My hubby is very sensitive to smells.  Luckily I am not a perfume person because that he simply cannot tolerate!  I have resorted to mostly flameless candles now since they are pretty scentless.  If I do burn any, it has to be  a high qaulity candle and a nice mild scent like apple or a light balsam fragrance at Christmas.

Slatkin used to have a great Christmas scent 'WINTER'. I know it was called something else, too. Does anyone know if this scent is still available in some form? It was usually a white candle. Thanks so much!

Valued Contributor

@danaleemarie wrote:

Slatkin used to have a great Christmas scent 'WINTER'. I know it was called something else, too. Does anyone know if this scent is still available in some form? It was usually a white candle. Thanks so much!

@danaleemarie  The new title for “Winter” is “Holiday Wishes.” There are none of these candles in stock, but item H211410 is a set of holiday meltables, and one of the three scents in that set is “Holiday Wishes.”

Valued Contributor

I don’t burn candles, but I warm wax melts. I switch up as the seasons change and have a variety I use for each season. Most of the scents I use are Homeworx. Right now I’m melting “Autumn Bonfire”, and it’s wonderful. My other favorite scent for fall is “Harvest Leaves.” 

Respected Contributor

I don’t burn candles much now...the melts work better for me.  I stocked up with a fall and winter variety from Goose Creek.....lots of cider, spice, apple, peppermint and caramel scents!

I don’t burn them during warm weather....prefer fresh air then.

I’ve been using a coconut lime shower gel and lotion...,almost time to switch to something more ‘fall-ish.”  A trip to Bath and Body Works!

Valued Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I don’t burn candles much now...the melts work better for me.  I stocked up with a fall and winter variety from Goose Creek.....lots of cider, spice, apple, peppermint and caramel scents!

I don’t burn them during warm weather....prefer fresh air then.

I’ve been using a coconut lime shower gel and lotion...,almost time to switch to something more ‘fall-ish.”  A trip to Bath and Body Works!

@alicedee  I picked up 4 wax tarts last week from Goose Creek’s sale, too. If you want a good fall showe gel from BBW, they “Bonfire Bash.”