Respected Contributor

Re: Sears Appliance Warranties and Policies

@CaliKat wrote:

@granddi wrote:

Just sharing my experience.................We bought a Sears refrigerator June 2015 and by November the ice maker quit working. We have had 3 service calls including the replacement ice maker. In the course of all this we have learned some things about Sears.

A Sears franchise dealer has different warranties and policies than a Sears corporate store. If we had bought from a corp store then we could have returned it and asked for replacement but not a franchise store.

We will have to have 4 service calls then we can start the process of having a LEMON. If we cannot get this settled in the next 90 days when the 12 months warranty has ended, we must purchase a $350.00 service agreement to have any extended service on a problem that was not fixed during the original 12 months factory warranty.

What a mess!!

What is a "Sears Franchise Dealer"???  

Does it look like a regular Sears Department Store? TIA

It is not like a Sears Department Store. It is just a small appliance store and has the usual Sears signage. It is owned and operated by an individual that has a business arrangement with Sears to sell   Sears appliances. I live in a town of 15,000 people. 30 years ago it was called a Sears Catalog store. You could go in a place orders and it was shipped to the catalog store and you would pick it up. They would have a small showroom of things like lawn mowers or washers. 

Not to change the topic here but apparently Ashley Furniture Stores are all Franchise too. They advertise nationally but all stores are franchised. My sister had an issue with them and was told all CS is handled by the LOCAL owner and not by Ashley corp. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Sears Appliance Warranties and Policies

We just had to buy a new dryer (to be delivered Sat. 2/20) and bought an extended warranty from Sears!  I like Kenmore appliances, and hopefully our store will continue to stay opened!

BTW, the dryer that we are replacing is 20 yrs. old, and it is a Kenmore!Smiley Happy