Esteemed Contributor

Searching for cooling mattress protector

I'm on the hunt for a new protector for my new Sleep Number king bed. 

The one I have now is a good one, but it seems hot to me.  And, I've had it for awhile.

I know there are some that claim to cool you, but if anyone has first hand experience, it would be welcome.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Searching for cooling mattress protector

Don't know if this helps, my BFF recently purchased a mattress top from the wouthern channel and loves it!  Guess she's got one of those adjustable mattresses which she likes but said this new cover brought the comfort over the top! Plus, what sounded great to me was that it's got a zipper around the top so to clean you just have to unzip it off the bed - no hasstle!

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme

I've had lots of different pads over the years, but specifically want one that disperses body heat better than the one I have.

I will check HSN to see if they have any. Didn't even think of them.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor

Not sure of the quality, etc, but saw this presented yesterday.  H210380
Sleep Like A King Ultimate Water Resistant King Mattress Pad

The description doesn't say "cooling", but all their other products had cooling properties. 

Trusted Contributor

Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman

You reminded me that I wanted to order one so I looked it's their Concierge brand zip ease and twnety dollars off, but only have T,F,CK!  Shame on me, but I only strip the bed once a year 'cause it's such a hasstle so I really wanted one of these.

She lives in NH so weather isn't really hot right now, but we used to work together and she always ran hot - I was the one always freezing: so assume if it was hot she never would have kept it.

Anyways, hope you find what you're looking for!

Valued Contributor

the one on the southern channel is item 503-241 - Concierge Collection Superloft EZ Zip Fiberbed with StoreSmart Compression Bag. 

Valued Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

I have an OUTLAST body regulating mattress pad.  It is cool to touch and NASA inspired. 

It works OK but still not perfect. 

I know SleepNumber has a  cool/heat pad that might be worth looking at but it is  $$$$. 

Sometimes I get a soft gel ice pack out of the freezer, wrap it in a pillow case and put it under my pillow so I can always have a  *COOL* side.  (just a suggestion)

DH runs COLD and I run HOT !    I keep a box fan by my side of the bed on low. 

If you find a great cooling mattress please do share the information here!      

Keep Calm and Cool On, 

CAT

Esteemed Contributor

@gacat123

Thanks -- I'm still looking!

It was high 70s here in Maryland for a few days and I was pushed to find something thinking we were already in summerCat LOL

It's back into the 30s for a bit, but I still need to find something.

Yes, I keep a fan going in the summer, but sure would like to find something that didn't heat up.

If I do, I'll post back!

Honored Contributor

I've never found one that stays cool. They all heat up at some point and some even make it feel hotter than it would without one. When I bought my memory foam mattress I knew it was going to be warm so I looked everywhere, bought a few covers and gave up some of them, too, because they didn't stay cool. 

This sounds a little counterintuitive but what I finally did was put a very thick 100% wool blanket right on top of the mattress. Then I put on a regular mattress protector over that, followed by my sheets. What the wool does is prevent your body heat from going into the mattress and heating it up. My mattress stays at a constant temp and my body feels comfortable because of the breathability of the wool beneath me. Wool is a very good temperature regulator...it never over-heats and it's breathable. If you're wondering if it itches...NO, since it's away from my body, separated from me by two layers. 

My dog, who sleeps on my bed next to me, would not stay on my bed when I first got it because she got too warm. After I put the blanket under us, she loves it!