Esteemed Contributor
Anyone have experience with these two brands. Been researching different adjustable bed options that aren't as expensive as as say a temperpedic or sleep number. I noticed serta is over $1000 dollars less for the mattress and adjustable base then a sleep number or temperpedic. I am all for saving money if it is quality and I will get a good nights sleep. Plus that is a $1000 I can use towards bedroom furniture and maybe get it sooner.
Esteemed Contributor
I forgot to mention I was looking at the serta icomfort series.
Frequent Contributor

We got a new Serta two years ago and it is like sleeping on a cloud. Love Serta.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweeteapie wrote:

We got a new Serta two years ago and it is like sleeping on a cloud. Love Serta.

Thanks. The price is quite a bit cheaper then the tempur or the sleep number. Good thing is they are all in one store so I can try them all out at one time. I am leaning away from the sleep number because there are to many parts and to many negative things about people not liking it.

Esteemed Contributor

Sealy, Serta and other major brands are no longer owned by the original companies. They were bought out by investors, hedge-funds -- that's the reason buying a mattress is "at ur own risk". They put lots of foam in the mattresses - and double the price. Too much foam makes the mattresses sink in the middle -- and there's no recourse. The manufacturers (whoever they are) tell u that u have a 10-yr warranty - or longer - but they never honor it. Google mattresses complaints --- it's a great learning experience.

Most important is to buy a mattress from a reputable local store - or at costco dot com ---- where they'll exchange it or refund ur money if there's a problem. Check out Yelp and read reviews. Don't buy a mattress on-line - except from Costco.

Honored Contributor

I bought a Simmons set last year and so far it hasn't sunk in the middle. I love it.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

My serta I bought on the Q has been perfect for over a year now.  Mine in not adjustable though.

Esteemed Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

My serta I bought on the Q has been perfect for over a year now.  Mine in not adjustable though.

Thanks. I am defintly going to have serta at the top of my list. So much more affordable then the other options. I have no clue what kind of mattress I will like. I think I am more of a medium to medium soft. But we will see. If I get bored one day I might just ask for someone to take me out there to just test the mattresses.