Respected Contributor

Re: Scott Living 400TC HygroCotton Tencel Sheets

Yes, I bought them.  There was absolutely no smell on opening the package.  I washed them per instructions and they came out of the dryer with absolutey no wrinkles and the sizing was perfect for our queen sized bed.  I'd buy them again.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

Tencel is not cotton, it's made from wood pulp. It's considered a form of rayon. Meaning cheap.

Are these made of a cotton blend with Tencel?

PB is also featuring Tencel sheets. I'm not in need of Spring/Summer sheets but I would pass on these.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I normally buy all cotton sheets and prefer them but one time last fall I tried

Home Reflections 700TC Tri-Blend

If you are looking for a sheet set that has a cooling effect try this one.  I couldn't believe it until I tried it.  Would be great to use in the summer.  I will be using it again this summer for sure.

Honored Contributor

Isn't Tencel made from rayon?

I dislike anything rayon.

I purchase cotton percale sheets, thread count doesn't matter.

Never disappoints.

Honored Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

I normally buy all cotton sheets and prefer them but one time last fall I tried

Home Reflections 700TC Tri-Blend

If you are looking for a sheet set that has a cooling effect try this one.  I couldn't believe it until I tried it.  Would be great to use in the summer.  I will be using it again this summer for sure.

@giddy upITA! I love these sheets.  They are so soft and cooling.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad I didn't buy them, I opted for sheets the Q had on sale. Sheets are such a personal thing, what one person loves another person hates.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know about these sheets

but I always dry the bottom sheet, put on bed

dry top sheet, put on bed

dry pillow cases, put on pillows

this way every sheet is unwrinkled

Super Contributor

The smell, I agree is headache inducing. I washed then alone with Lysol Laundry Sanitizer and dried them on Ultra Low setting for 50 minutes. The smell was gone and they didn't come out a wrinkled mess. BUT, they are scratchy. I do not need to exfoliate while I sleep. I'm staying away from Tencel, period. It's no wonder they are rough. Tencel is a cellulosic fiber obtained from wood pulp using recyclable solvents. I will use the top sheet and pillow cases as a decorative element; but I will not subject my guest to sleep on the fitted sheet. I may use the material to make something for the guess room. Sad, sad... the yellow little flowers are pretty.

Super Contributor

Best sheets I’ve purchased this year are from JC Penny’s. 100 percent cotton percale. Soft, cooling, few wrinkles in these sheets. Home Essentials is the brand name,
Respected Contributor

I ordered them and canceled. Glad I did.