Esteemed Contributor

Scott Living 400TC HygroCotton Tencel Sheets

Has anyone else purchased these sheets?  I made the BIG mistake of buying into the hype because I really needed sheets.  Took them out of the bag and they smelled terrible so into the washing machine and dryer following directions.  Ended up with a wrinkled mess and thay are neither soft or silky and not cool at all.   Very disappointed. IMO over hyped and under delivered.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Scott Living 400TC HygroCotton Tencel Sheets

I did not buy those sheets because I bought two sets of the other TSV sheets they had on QVC not that long before that - the cotton/poly blend.  I really like them.

Sorry you don't like your sheets.  If they are really that bad, I hope you return them.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I didn't buy the same sheets as the OP (thank goodness) but I understand about the smell (in other things).

I always wash my sheets and THEN I take them to the dry cleaners and they starch and iron them.  I like no wrinkles and STIFF (like in hospital and hotels).

I mostly just buy the 400-800 count QVC sheets (no iron)...joke...

The lady who owns the dry cleaners just does it as a nice thing (I pay her) because normally they don't press sheets.  Ha!

The cleaners I used for several years closed down so I went back to this lady.  She said, "Well!  OK....but don't recommend me to anyone to do THEIR sheets because it's tedious and not my favorite thing!"  Ha!

I said, "Well, I don't know anyone else who gets their sheets drycleaned so I think you're safe on that.

I used to love 1000 thread count but they are so heavy they made my washer go crazy, so someone said they were just too heavy of a weight.  But....they do iron up the best...very stiff.

It's counter though because since I got a Sleep Number bed and sit with the head up....well..they wrinkle some anyway.  So now I have her put them on hangers instead of folding them.  I'm going to try that.....

I'm glad you let all of us know though because I can't stand that smell.  I've found it from QVC in anything that pertains to jeans (tops and bottoms especially).

Someone said they thought it was formaldyhide.  They put it in the clothes to keep the bugs out while being transported from China (where just about everything comes).  It sits on barges until it's unloaded in the US.

I remember a mattress I got from QVC once I fell asleep and spilt an entire bottle of regular water all through that mattress and it had the same terrible smell.  It was crazy!  I probably did some damage to my lungs.

I love, love this sleep number bed and would recommend it to everyone.  It is really worth the money.  

I live and sleep alone (Queen, non split) and I love this bed!  I'm a chunky monkey (size XL-1X) and have had so many back operations I've lost count (double knee replacements, terrible arthritis) it works perfectly for me.

Sorry to go on and on but that's the way I am....sorry.  Thanks again for the heads up about the sheets.  Annabellethecat.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I purchased them and I love them!  Mine didn’t have a chemical smell at all.  They are really nice sheets and are  on my  bed as we speak!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

No, because I'd never spend that much for sheets. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I bought a set in rose pink shade and have slept on them for two nights.  Love them - no odor out of packing - washed in med temp water with Tide.  They are silky and ample size = Queen.

Price:  extremely reasonable - $69 range as I recall with extra set of pillowcases.  Am thinking of buying another set.

Sorry you are not happy with sheet set.

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Has anyone else purchased these sheets?  I made the BIG mistake of buying into the hype because I really needed sheets.  Took them out of the bag and they smelled terrible so into the washing machine and dryer following directions.  Ended up with a wrinkled mess and thay are neither soft or silky and not cool at all.   Very disappointed. IMO over hyped and under delivered.  

My tencil sheets were a gift, don't think they came from QVC?. Mine are queen size, just huge for my bed, a wrinkled mess, I didn't have a smell with mine, but they are way too cool for me, I want my bed warm. Haven't washed them but will in hot water, and hot dryer to shrink them. I would never buy them for myself.

Respected Contributor

My favorite sheets are the Charisma brand from Costco.  I believe the queen size are approx. $40.  They're 400 thread count and wear like iron.  Beautiful sheets.  

Honored Contributor

Cotton anything should not be washed in Hot water.  You should always wash in cool water and if using a clothes dryer, dry on luke warm...not hot.

Remove from dryer while still warm and smooth out the wrinkles on the bed, or smooth out and fold.  If you can hang to dry, that is even better.

I don't have the Scotts sheets, but I only have cotton sheets in my home.  My bed is never a wrinkly mess.  I do iron pillow cases, because I love them smooth and crisp.  My grands say I have the best beds in the world.  They love my sheets and smooth pillowcases.

Cotyon is an easy care fabric if you wash and dry correctly. You can't treat it the same as polyester.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Cotton anything should not be washed in Hot water.  You should always wash in cool water and if using a clothes dryer, dry on luke warm...not hot.

Remove from dryer while still warm and smooth out the wrinkles on the bed, or smooth out and fold.  If you can hang to dry, that is even better.

I don't have the Scotts sheets, but I only have cotton sheets in my home.  My bed is never a wrinkly mess.  I do iron pillow cases, because I love them smooth and crisp.  My grands say I have the best beds in the world.  They love my sheets and smooth pillowcases.

Cotyon is an easy care fabric if you wash and dry correctly. You can't treat it the same as polyester.

I washed in warm and dried on low.  I agree with you about cotton sheets.  This is the first and last time I ever buy sheets that are not 100% cotton. Big mistake on my part.