Honored Contributor

That fireplace is huge and I think too big for the room.  It's not the fireplace but rather the Mantel, etc. that is too big.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

It's possible that it was a real fireplace at some point or they bought the mantel at an antique store and they put a gas insert in there, which is why the opening is smaller now.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

The original owner of my house......put a MARBLE fireplace......in a Spanish Casita.     Well.......when I have  some "spare" cash, I can have it remodeled.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

From this angle, it does appear the fireplace is slightly too big for the rest of the room.  I have more of an issue with the amount of furniture pieces in the room compared to its size.  It reads "cluttered" to me. 

Surprisingly, I do like the overall color scheme and the way it's coordinated.  I'd probably paint the walls a slightly darker color.  I LOVE that coffee table....WANT!!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

i agree about the fireplace, while being a very attractive room! I really like it, but I would remove the loveseat near the doors to open up the room a bit more, and remove some of the plants and pillows! I also think the room needs just a bit more color as well.....

Honored Contributor

I think the photo is distorted.

I would just remove some of the pillows and the 2 hutches on the sides of the fireplace.

I think it's a very pretty room.

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I LOVE that coffee table....WANT!!!!

@shoptilyadropagain 

I really like the coffee table too! 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain 

@wilma @shoptilyadropagain agreed! Love that coffee table!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain 

@wilma @shoptilyadropagain agreed! Love that coffee table!

I like it too......it's different which appeals to me.

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

It's ok.  I do like some of the "lighter" furnishings but altogether, I think it's cluttered & the fireplace is massive.  I'd definitely remove some of the accessories.