Esteemed Contributor

In addition the reno "budgets" for the newer shows is ridiculous. They clearly do not figure in the cost of the donated labor and materials, which is $$$$. Very unrealistic.

Trusted Contributor
I miss Sarah, Candice, designing for the sexes and all those older shows. There sure is room for more variety on HGTV.

Most of the shows are the same old same old. I do like the the show Good Bones, I enjoy the Mother and daughter team.

There is time for the shows they now have and a lot more variety if they wouldn’t run the same shows 5 nights a week!!

Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember Chris Casson Madden and her show(s) on HGTV?  I used to enjoy her and ended up reading some of her books.

Here's one:

Image result for chris casson madden

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Does anyone remember Chris Casson Madden and her show(s) on HGTV?  I used to enjoy her and ended up reading some of her books.

Here's one:

Image result for chris casson madden

I liked her a lot, too, @GingerPeach .  I also bought one of her books.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNackbut of course lol. Those were the days. It was one hit after the other. Thinking about this, I can still see all the faces of everyone. Remember Carol who did the sockpuppets? She did crafts and always had a smile on her face and Kitty Bartolomew who sported a tool belt? Wow!!

Esteemed Contributor

If I had to choose a favorite show, that would be very difficult to do, but for some reason I loved Room by Room with Matt and Shari. They had the longest running show on HGTV.

Honored Contributor

The designers really have gone missing.  I enjoyed watching and learning from them.

I doubt seriously that A Flip is in my future, so thes programs, which were unique at first, have gotten very old.

The First Flip I saw was the guys from John's Island, SC.  It was a fresh idea at the time.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras