Honored Contributor

Re: Sarah Off the Grid- Guest Bedroom

Sarah always does a good job. I wish our HGTV would put her shows on here. She's one of the few designers I'd be comfortable trusting to decorate my house.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Who do I write the check out to? Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Most off gridders are minimalists by nature.

Since this is off grid living, what powers all that lighting? Canada isn't a great spot for solar.

Honored Contributor

@namaste000 wrote:

Relaxed a little just viewing your photos!

I want to add a small desk/console to my bedroom.  I love the rectangular seat for the desk...where would you shop for one?

@namaste000

If I understand her post correctly, it looks like it's from Wayfair, but nothing comes up under the SKU.

Check out the brand Strata Furniture on Wayfair.  There are similar (rounded) items.

End Table  End Table 

End Table

Honored Contributor

Wow beautiful bedroom, I always enjoyed Sarah Richardson's show and he design style

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a nice room and the whole house is just great. I've always enjoyed Sarah's shows and really wish HGTV-US would get back to broadcasting her shows and more shows like hers, instead of the endelss stream of the same handful of 'talent' they rely upon. While I might not always agree with or love all of Sarah's choices, her aesthetic is spot-on, as far as I'm concerned. I don't like that she uses so many geometrics, especially the wide stripes she seems to love, but there isn't a single home she's designed yet I've seen that isn't in some way a 'wow'. Really miss her presence on our version of HGTV, which isn't what it used to be. The Canadian HGTV even has a better website. While early on I used to enjoy the magazine, even that, for me, has become a big waste of time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

THe room has great bones! I like it, but would change some of the furnishing. 

Honored Contributor

Leave the bed (minus extra pillows), the rug, and the curtains.   I don’t like a lot of stuff in the room where I sleep.   

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I really like Sarah Richardson's shows.  She has a new one on HGTV Canada- Sarah Off the Grid.

Here is her guest room:

I was able to find more angles of the room to show, before you weigh in on the design.

Image may contain: indoor

@lolakimono  I like this set up except for the windows. I don't like the idea of not being able to relax and look outside. It must be a city condo room/apt set up...just guessing Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Overall I like it. However, I'm not crazy about the round end tables and some of the other furnishings - maybe just one chair?