Honored Contributor

Sad to take down the fall decor

Today I'm taking down fall, will clean tonight and tomorrow the Christmas comes out.

I really like my fall decor, and I get a little sad to take it down each year. I don't have a lot of it, but I really like the vignettes I put together this year, and will miss them. I think I like the fall stuff because it can be left up much longer that the Christmas (mine goes up the first few days after Labor Day, and stays up through Thanksgiving). That is why I want to move to more winter, less Christmas. It can stay up longer, less work, and get to enjoy the look for a longer period of time.

Anyone else get a little melancholy when the fall stuff has to come down?

Honored Contributor

Re: Sad to take down the fall decor

I don't do much fall decorating. I get sad when I have to take down my Christmas decorations. It's always so beautiful and I get accustomed to the twinkling lights. One year, I stopped putting the lights on in mid January but I left everything up until the end of January. My husband reminded me that Valentine's Day was approaching and I HAD to accept that Christmas was over...lol

Contributor

I also am not that anxious to take my fall décor down which is my favorite, pack it away and start all over with Christmas things (actually I have transitioned to mostly snowmen, gingerbread items since I can leave them out until March). I still put up a small tree but even that is decorated with woodland items and silver pics so even that stays out a little while. I will do the outside this weekend since it is supposed to be warmer here. I bought the bliss lights so am hoping even that will be easier but I think my fall wreaths are prettier than the Christmas ones so hate to take them down.

Frequent Contributor

Christmas things are great but I like fall colors and decor better than any others.
Super Contributor

I keep some of my ""fall decor"" up but then I'm not a big Christmas decoration person. I like what I like no matter the season.

Respected Contributor

Being as I just put it up a few weeks ago, it seems too soon for me. However, I always take my time.

Honored Contributor

On 11/28/2014 child prodigy said: Christmas things are great but I like fall colors and decor better than any others.

Me too!

My living room has sage walls and Oriental rugs in fall tones. I just prefer Fall colors.

Honored Contributor

I put fall stuff away a couple weeks ago and switched over to Christmas. Like you, I was happy with how fall decorating came out this year and was sad to put it away. I would have kept it up longer, but Christmas decorating is short with thanksgiving being late.
Honored Contributor

I enjoy them both, but fall somehow seems more uplifting than decorating for Christmas, though the winter stuff is perhaps more festive. I don't do much for spring and not being a big fan of summer and doing minimal decorating for either season, after the Christmas stuff goes up and comes down, things just seem a bit bleak until the following fall.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I love my fall decorations, have 3 storage tubs full. I enjoy the fall deco because I display them 3 months, September, October and November. Just packed them all away today. Will decorate for Christmas, the first day of December. I am excited to change my scenery.