Respected Contributor

Re: SUMMER PARE-DOWN IN LIVING ROOM

First I love those pillows. Need new ones for the family room couch but my husband is attached to the old ones. As I look around their are things I need to put away for the summer. Thanks Oznell 

Honored Contributor

By the way I like both pics, but prefer the 2nd one, as the 1st one for me is too scaled down..

Honored Contributor

the first photo is boring with blue being the pop color.  The second picture could work if the walls were off white.  For summer there is less bedding.  A lightweight quilt only.  In the living room everything stays the same.  I use to change the pillows (covers) but I no longer do that -- too much work.  I like off white with medium dark green pillows and one shaggy off white pillow.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do change up a few things for each season---but I'm not much of a "summer person", but I do change up floral arrangements and colors of the flameless candles I decorate with.....along with a few decor pieces....I always have to have candles flameless and real @Oznell 

I usually decorate with a few Sunflowers here and there for summer.....on my coffee table, on top of the book case, and in the kitchen....

And I did bring out my Jim Shore Patriotic Angel and red/blue placemats and add a red/white/blue floral arrangement on my dinning room table....for Memorial Day/Flag Day/4th Of July......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The first room is way too pared down for me. It has an almost unfinished look due to the size of the space compared to the size and lack of furnishings. Scale seems off to me. JMO 

I like the warmth of the second room, but I'd prefer a lighter wall color. There are a few accessories, but not too many IMO. 

The only change I make to my home in warm weather is switching out pillows and throws. The faux fur throw pillows and sofa throw blankets are put away and lighter ones come out. I also switch to my spring and summer tablecloth and put away the heavy blanket for the bed. 

Trusted Contributor

I put away my faux fur throws and replace with a lighter one...I also change the things on the table foyer. Fresh flowers, spring scented candle, and white table up runner. Spring wreath on the door, and that's all.