Honored Contributor

Re: SUGGESTIONG FOR NICE SMELLING LAUNDRY DETERGENT

I use Gain, both the detergent and fabric beads. The original and Blissful Breeze are my favorites. 
I'll have to try @SilleeMee 's suggestion with the pine sol though! I love the lemon scent. 

Regular Contributor

Zum Patchouli Clean Laundry Soap.  That's my favorite scent, but it's available in quite a few other scents.  You just need to use an ounce, it cleans very well and the soft patchouli fragrance lingers, but not in an obnoxious way.  I ususally purchse from Vita-Cost, but it's available in some grocery stores and on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Gain is my preference. I like a mild scent - would never add smelly beads to the dryer.

Honored Contributor

Seventh Generation Lavender, Nature's Promise Lavender or O Organics Lavender.

I use it on my husband's clothes and it doesn't smell *flowery*.

Esteemed Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

I used Gain for a long time because I liked the scent...but had to switch due to how it irritated DH's skin. Apparently it is high in fragrance and dyes. 

I cannot stand the smell of Gain - when a roomie uses it.

Trusted Contributor

You might try the signature detergent from The Launderess. I can't get enough of it, and it lasts and lasts. 

Honored Contributor

9  elements liquid ,comes in lemon,and one other scent,i also really like Lysol sanitizer ,as mentioned.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I use ALL free and clear.  I don't want my clothes smelling like anything but the fresh air........laundry hung outside.

Esteemed Contributor

@AnnieBelle wrote:

Zum Patchouli Clean Laundry Soap.  That's my favorite scent, but it's available in quite a few other scents.  You just need to use an ounce, it cleans very well and the soft patchouli fragrance lingers, but not in an obnoxious way.  I ususally purchse from Vita-Cost, but it's available in some grocery stores and on Amazon.

Thanks for the suggestion!  I will try this when I use up what I have.  I adore the scent of patchouli.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Well, the manufacturers of laundry soap have everyone convinced that if it "smells good" then it must be clean.  They sure emphasize the scent!

All those fragrance additives are just more CHEMICALS that are on all the fabrics that surround us ... sheets, underwear, towels, clothing .... yikes.   

Personally, I use Tide Free & Clear with Downy, also unscented.    Occasionally I use a lemon scented natural dryer sheet, but the box is gone, so I'll have to find the name next time I shop.  Sorry