Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

I only like the porch, the rest of it looks like it must smell like mothballs.

@MoonieBaby   Did you read the text?  This is a young couple who had the house redone.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Yea, but it still looks stale to me - in a real way, a stinky way.

sorry...

;(

Honored Contributor

Re: STATELY ALABAMA HOUSE

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@Oznell 

Thanks for the lovely looks.

Sweet Home Alabama ... 🎶 🎵

BTW - Here in the South the porch ceiling color is often referred to as ‘Haint Blue.’  The ‘haint’ being a word for haunt.  Another useless bit of information.

@Drythe   I learned about that a few years ago when I had a porch.  Some friends owned a very successful paint-decor business.  When I asked the owner's wife about colors for my porch, she said "of course, the ceiling has to be haint blue."  I puzzled for a minute and she explained it.  The house I had chosen the color for was a very faint buttery yellow with a cadet blue door and brass hardware so the ceiling of the porch was lovely in haint blue.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Not useless info, @Drythe --   rich and interesting-- thanks for sharing!  Love when people bring in that kind of colorful background. 

@Oznell 

Thanks!

In my Southern Family we don’t hide our ‘colorful’

We bring it right out, let it rock on the front porch, and wave 

at the neighbors.  😉

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

It's certainly a beautiful home with beautiful rooms and furnishings, that being said, it's way too large for my taste. I wouldn't want to own a place like that even if I could afford it.

Honored Contributor

This home is absolutely stunning, elegant, filled with such beauty and comfort.  Each room is welcoming and warm and appealing. Very nice!!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Oznell I really enjoyed looking at this beautiful home.  That family room was fantastic.  Beautifully decorated home and I envy the lucky family that lives there.  

Honored Contributor

Oh, good, @mspatmac ,  two of us for that super family room!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my gosh, when can I move in......maybe in my next life.  Oh, and does it come w/a staff of workers? Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @Oznell. I love everything about this home, although I do believe I would need help getting in and out of the tub 😊!