Trusted Contributor

Re: STAGING...WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT

Perfectly stated (and example) @CANDLEQUEEN

⚓️
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Staging is a good idea if there is no furniture in the home or if the furniture in the home is old and ugly.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Best to sell the house ur living in before buying another house --- so where do the stagers put all ur furniture, clothes, etc.?

I live in southern Caliornia and have sold around 7 homes in the last 40 yrs ---- all of them sold within a week or two. Mostly due to being in very desirable areas and my homes always showed well without staging. Whee I live, it's a seller's market - few homes up for sale and many buyers.

Esteemed Contributor

I think if you've already moved from your house, it is a great idea to have it staged.  If you're still living in the house, you should do what you can to keep it clean, tidy and decluttered.  A good realtor should be able to help you with valuable suggestions on how to accomplish that.

I look at the pictures of homes for sale in my area online through Realtor or Zillow.com.  I'm amazed at the things I see in pictures...unmade beds, a case of bottled water on the stovetop,  beer and/or pop cans throughout the house, carpet that needs vacuumed and also cleaned, trash and liter on the outside deck, etc.  A lot of this is just common sense.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown